Adidas, get outta here you!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Adidas logo isn't on any official NBA jerseys. But it is here, for blatant marketing purposes. smh

Just a general question, but do you guys find that people rip Nike far more than Adidas. IMO, Adidas is just as bad as Nike when it comes to ruining tradition, milking their brand and whoring themselves out.

What tradition does Nike have other than crass consumerism? They were more/less an also ran until the Air Jordan.

And adidas still has its traditional elements (i.e. the original shelltoes/promodels). They just don't bother advertising it because they're classic and therefore will never go out of style.

Half of the people that actually purchase this game won't even know the difference. It's not that big of a deal at all.

It's subliminal. That's the point. It shouldn't be there, yet Adidas found a way to make it rather prominent.

Considering that the "Madden cover curse" occasionally bleeds over to EA Sports' other titles (Dany Heatley and Bill Cowher come to mind), Adidas may yet end up regretting this stunt. Just sayin'...

CCSLC signature.png

"Half of the people that actually purchase this game won't even know the difference. It's not that big of a deal at all." -

We notice because of our trained eye - the rest of the world is ignorant.

By the way - was it necessary to say "G-- D--" when there are so many other ways to post your feelings. I can't tell you what you can and can not post, but please be considerate of the rest of us who like to come here and there isn't "that" language flying around. Anything to keep the boards a clean & fun place to come is appreciated.

I do understand that kind of stuff ticks me off to - cheap way to get some publicity.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Ever consider the fact that someone on this board might consider using the GD word offensive? Is that

really necessary? I don't see why I should have to read that.

I agree. I don't mind hearing the word every now and then and something like it may slip out of my mouth from time to time, but it seems tasteless to type it out and post on a forum- there are many other words that could've been used.

I would complain to Chris about it. If he says he'll put a stop to it, good for you. If he says he's gonna let the phrase go, then you can decide whehter or not you want to be here.

It isn't that it directly offends me, it is just tasteless, pointless, and totally unnecessary. I'm not gonna leave a board I've been a member of for almost 5 years because of it, just wanted to state my opinion- everyone is entitled to their own and I respect that.

The NBA, for years, had manufacturer's logos on their uniforms. The Champion Logo was plastered all over them. Lets look at clothing in general, what clothing item doesn't have the manufacturer'd mark on it? Somewhere the logo is on there. From Abercrombie to Perry Ellis to Ralph Lauren Polo to Nike to adidas to Fossil to Puma to Hanes and beyond. Who cares if the log is on the item I think this si the most ridiculous argument that this community has latched onto. Just because Paul Lukas says it's bad doesn't mean it's the Word. Log creep has been going on for a long time.

If seeing "god damn" typed on a screen offends you, might I recommend getting off the Internet?

You have the right to be offended by whatever you want, but if we start censoring this board based on the personal religious values of what I am positive is a minority of people on this board, that's taking things way too far.

why not? we've already done that with radio......

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

If seeing "god damn" typed on a screen offends you, might I recommend getting off the Internet?

You have the right to be offended by whatever you want, but if we start censoring this board based on the personal religious values of what I am positive is a minority of people on this board, that's taking things way too far.

why not? we've already done that with radio......

Are you insinuating that only a minority of people are offended by "nappy-headed hos"?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Good for them. That's advertising. If you look at the big picture the people on this board are the only ones that care.

The NBA, for years, had manufacturer's logos on their uniforms. The Champion Logo was plastered all over them. Lets look at clothing in general, what clothing item doesn't have the manufacturer'd mark on it? Somewhere the logo is on there. From Abercrombie to Perry Ellis to Ralph Lauren Polo to Nike to adidas to Fossil to Puma to Hanes and beyond. Who cares if the log is on the item I think this si the most ridiculous argument that this community has latched onto. Just because Paul Lukas says it's bad doesn't mean it's the Word. Log creep has been going on for a long time.

You guys really don't seem to get it at all. That's what this board is about, dissecting stuff that the layperson wouldn't give a crap about. What's insignificant to them is monumental on here. If you don't gte it or think it's dumb, I'd suggest leaving - there's more where that came from.

And who says all clothes have to feature brand logos? There are plenty of non-preppy/branded options out there. And besides, this argument isn't about brand marks on clothes in general-it's about a company slapping their logo on something prominent, where the logo isn't usually featured, just to get some cheap publicity.

Has anyone mentioned the distinct likelihood that that cover will never make it onto shelves? We've discussed it in the thread dealing specifically with the cover (not the issue of logo creep). Given that the style is exactly the same as the '07 series of games, and given EA Sports' history of consistently making modifications to the styles of their covers, we might just be looking at a preliminary cover.

As for the topic title, I edited it. It was unnecessary, and this board has a policy on that kind of language. Whether it's enforced consistently enough is up for discussion, but when it shows up on the front page of the main forum here, well, that's just not needed.

I totally agree. Because they're a minority, offending them isn't as big a deal. I mean, if they comprised 51% of the board, then we might have to stop and think about it, but seriously, it's taking things way too far when you start considering the well-being of a minority group. It's not like Old School Fool had other ways to express his thoughts. :therock:
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

:rolleyes:

I just wish people had a little thicker skin around here and didn't flinch at every little tick or tack that goes on. I've read some pretty downright insulting banter and offensive statements made at one another in the past that deserved to be addressed. I find this to be a little ridiculous quite honestly.

Again, as someone else appropiately said "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I respect that".

So there was mine.

You guys really don't seem to get it at all. That's what this board is about, dissecting stuff that the layperson wouldn't give a crap about. What's insignificant to them is monumental on here. If you don't gte it or think it's dumb, I'd suggest leaving - there's more where that came from.

And who says all clothes have to feature brand logos? There are plenty of non-preppy/branded options out there. And besides, this argument isn't about brand marks on clothes in general-it's about a company slapping their logo on something prominent, where the logo isn't usually featured, just to get some cheap publicity.

Yeah, the US gives everyone freedom of speech. That doesn't mean I can say WHATEVER I want. Just ask Don Imus.

Steering this back on topic, the general consensus is that we're hot and bothered because Adidas (I think their corporate preference is "adidas") slapped their stupid non-flower logo on Gilbert Arenas when it otherwise wouldn't have been there, right?

I'm hoping this isn't a harbinger of things to come. You can't even glance at an NFL uniform without being slapped in the face with Reebok. I'd hate to see Adidas branding actually appear on the NBA uniform next season.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived