NFL Huddles

neo_prankster

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just realized - if they had done this for baseball, the Brewers' toy could have been Brewmeister Smith!

brew5.jpg

So many missed opportunities....

I think they did in the early 90's Gotham!

HATING LIFE SINCE 1996

I only found out these existed through this thread, but I already desperately want the Rams one.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

49ers

e507_1_b.JPG

I have this one.

However there are two versions of the 49ers Huddle character, with one carrying a pickax and this one, which doesn't have a pickax.

When I was 7 I had a choice between both the 49ers Huddle and Dodgers cabbage patch doll or SEGA Master system for XMAS.

I Chose SEGA but I did had the 49ers huddle ink stamp that my dad gave me and I had it for years before my baby sister broke it.

HATING LIFE SINCE 1996

I had those sheets. Even when I was 5, I was pissed that the sheets had the Bears, but not my Packers.

At our school's library they had a few Huddles story books. I even remember some of their names: Packy Packer, Buckles Buccaneer, Jumbo Jet... it must've taken a long 5 minutes to come up with those.

I read this kind of quickly. Lets just say when you see the words "sheets, 5 (years old), and pissed", another image pops into your head. Needless to say, i had to re-read the sentence.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

As a kid, I had the NFL Huddles bed set, complete with sheets, pillowcase, and comforter. I still use the comforter on the couch in the basement when I'm down there watching TV :) --it's damn comfortable when its cold down there...

On edit:

NFLHuddles1.jpg

&

NFLHuddles2.jpg

OMG someone else has the same blanket as me! And still uses it! Of course, I got mine when I was 8 and after 17 years it's pretty beat up, but I refuse to let my fiancee throw it out.

Army Commo - "You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!"

Actually, I have all of them in a coloring book my parents gave to me when I was 5. Because of my obsession for football helmets and uniforms at that age (yeah, I'm sick), I never colored a single team. I made copies of all the pages and colored those. So I have all the teams, including teams like the Packers, Chargers, Lions, etc...

Maybe someday I'll have a free moment so I can scan all those into my computer.....

GFB

I had those sheets. Even when I was 5, I was pissed that the sheets had the Bears, but not my Packers.

At our school's library they had a few Huddles story books. I even remember some of their names: Packy Packer, Buckles Buccaneer, Jumbo Jet... it must've taken a long 5 minutes to come up with those.

I read this kind of quickly. Lets just say when you see the words "sheets, 5 (years old), and pissed", another image pops into your head. Needless to say, i had to re-read the sentence.

LOL, same thing happened to me when I went back and read what you quoted.

But yea... no one respected the Packers in the 80's... IIRC, they were absent from every NES game other than Tecmo Super Bowl.

But yea... no one respected the Packers in the 80's... IIRC, they were absent from every NES game other than Tecmo Super Bowl.

Same with the Jets...I've not seen them in any game that pre-dates an NFL license...even the early Madden games before they had NFL licenses called them "New Jersey" instead of "New York" because of the Giants...

And if you know of one, lemme know!

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Yeah but was there a NES sports game that mattered more than Tecmo Bowl anyway?

I heart Tecmo (Super) Bowl. For serious.

Every Fifth Day is a

HappyFelixDay.gif

We can say that now, but I got my NES for x-mas of '88 and TSB didn't wasn't out til '91. That was a long 2 1/2 years for me to be able to use my team.

I always took the Giants before TSB, especially in the original Tecmo. It was impossible to block LT on field goals and he was the only person that could catch Bo...

I just got back from PSU for the summer, so here's what a still-used Huddles blanket that is roughly 20 years old looks like:

The first is the whole blanket, the second is a zoom of what the beige-ish mini-huddles print looks like, and the last is a larger view of the Jets, Lions, Niners, and 1/2 the Bengals...

P1000507.jpg

P1000511.jpg

P1000508.jpg

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

Archived