NFL Huddles

neo_prankster

that steelers one is awesome :lol:

It's Terry Bradshaw.

The Jets guy is Richard Todd.

Walter Payton for the Bears.

W/O looking it up, I'm not sure who the Dolphin or the Lion is (#22 for Miami, #20? For Detroit, can't really make that out though, it does pre-date Barry Sanders of course...)

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there one for the chiefs???

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

• 2 weeks later...

that steelers one is awesome :lol:

It's Terry Bradshaw.

The Jets guy is Richard Todd.

Walter Payton for the Bears.

W/O looking it up, I'm not sure who the Dolphin or the Lion is (#22 for Miami, #20? For Detroit, can't really make that out though, it does pre-date Barry Sanders of course...)

Billy Sims was #20 for the Lions. I think that "best running back no one seems to remember" comment is about as on point as you can get. Sims and Sanders also both played college ball in Oklahoma (Sims was a Sooner, Sanders was a Cowboy).

If I had to guess, I'd say #22 for the Fins was Mercury Morris, but that might have been past his time.

IIRC, eventually they just put #0 on all of the huddles.

So is the Redskins' one Joe Theisman? Even when I was a kid, I thought there was an uncanny resemblance (but for the one bar facemask).

Was his shin hanging at a 45 degree angle?

What... too soon?

Wasn't Billy Sims of the lions a #20? Best RB no one seems to remember. Blew out a knee before you could actually come back from a busted ACL.

Yep. He's definitely remembered in this town. The Lions #20 was retired for Sanders after he made the hall (actually, I think it was "taken out of circulation", not retired), but, Billy Sims and other Lions #20 Lem Barney showed up at the ceremony too.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

• 2 years later...

Shoot, I wish I checked this thread yesterday. I have a Redskin plush doll and a bunch of the little rubbery ones that are about three inches in size. They are all at my parents (which is where I was at for Thanksgiving). From memory, the dolphin is a dolphin wearing the helmet and teal jersey while holding a football. Sorry. I would have tried to locate them (I have a closet filled with sports things).

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived