NFL Huddles

neo_prankster

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the Viking stuff animal/doll. I also had cards or something that showed the pictures. My mom thought that the Chargers one was supposed to look like Teddy Roosevelt, and she had a reason that it made sense for the name "Chargers". In googling "Teddy Roosevelt Chargers" (having long forgotten her reason), it appears (oddly, I find this in a high school newsletter - Link) that Teddy's "Rough Riders" were also known as Chargers. The link shares more the the story on page 9.

Maybe she was right. The charger one has the little glasses and mustache, though I cannot account for the scarf.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Actually, I have all of them in a coloring book my parents gave to me when I was 5. Because of my obsession for football helmets and uniforms at that age (yeah, I'm sick), I never colored a single team. I made copies of all the pages and colored those. So I have all the teams, including teams like the Packers, Chargers, Lions, etc...

Maybe someday I'll have a free moment so I can scan all those into my computer.....

GFB

It's been over 2 years since you posted this, but if we all pitched in a few plugged nickels, would you dig up and scan your coloring book?

Actually, I thought I'd cross-reference this old thread by axl007 in the concepts forum: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=49834

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Actually, I have all of them in a coloring book my parents gave to me when I was 5. Because of my obsession for football helmets and uniforms at that age (yeah, I'm sick), I never colored a single team. I made copies of all the pages and colored those. So I have all the teams, including teams like the Packers, Chargers, Lions, etc...

Maybe someday I'll have a free moment so I can scan all those into my computer.....

GFB

It's been over 2 years since you posted this, but if we all pitched in a few plugged nickels, would you dig up and scan your coloring book?

Actually, I thought I'd cross-reference this old thread by axl007 in the concepts forum: http://boards.sportslogos.net/index.php?showtopic=49834

Those cats are great!

87Redskins.png

I had the Viking stuff animal/doll. I also had cards or something that showed the pictures. My mom thought that the Chargers one was supposed to look like Teddy Roosevelt, and she had a reason that it made sense for the name "Chargers". In googling "Teddy Roosevelt Chargers" (having long forgotten her reason), it appears (oddly, I find this in a high school newsletter - Link) that Teddy's "Rough Riders" were also known as Chargers. The link shares more the the story on page 9.

Maybe she was right. The charger one has the little glasses and mustache, though I cannot account for the scarf.

As per posts earlier in the thread, pretty sure that the charger was an aviator and nod to "Air Coryell"....

It is what it is.

Archived