Rich Eisen welcome to the dog house

fiji and FTJ - we patiently await your apologies...

Oh, I know it's true. I saw this story on Deadspin the other day, and was snickering for a good 10 minutes afterward. I was referring to the propensity of the folks here to believe anything posted on the Internets. (Pull a thread out of a hat and chances are my point will be proven.)

Sorry for the confusion though! :)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

It's all good, dogg. Keep bangin'.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As previously stated, this Onion story is actually real - and has been discussed on local talk radio for a few days now.

fiji and FTJ - we patiently await your apologies...

Don't hold your breath.

Instead, find an actual article.

Umm...that doesn't imply that the story was fake. It only claims that Lane SAID she was not trying to seduce Eisen. Doesn't discredit the story as being falsified by the Onion. (Discredit then falsified. Did I use those in a double-negative manner, thus defeating the purpose of the statement? Oh well, I'm sure you get what I'm saying.)

Citing the Onion is like citing wikipedia.

Well it has been discussed on local news radio, was printed in the Philadelphia Daily News, and the (yes, I know) NY Post. Do you not read threads? Nobody has claimed that the Onion "broke" this story. And we're the idiots.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Citing the Onion is like citing wikipedia.

:blink:

Dude, what's your angle here? Let go of the whole Onion thing and recognize that this was reported by multiple real newspapers.

Philadelphia Daily News. Philadelphia Inquirer. New York Post. Wilmington (Del.) News-Journal. Are these papers legitimate enough for you? How about the Associated Press? Ever hear of them?

Ask yourself this, if you're still convinced that this was all a fabrication of The Onion for :censored:s and giggles: when was the last time someone was compelled to vigorously defend themselves in legitimate print and television news against a story running in The Onion? Alycia Lane has appeared on TV and in newspaper stories trying to explain her side of the story. If this were a joke, it never would have triggered this response.

At some point, you're free to put down your shovel and climb out of this hole you're digging for yourself. It's over; the story really, really, really happened. We swear; it's been topic #1 for far longer than it should've been around here. No one is citing a satirical newspaper; we're sticking with real, credible sources. Join us and do the same.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

This appears to more of a Philly area thing. I don't read any philly papers and the only place I saw it mentioned was on here (and Deadspin, but then again, I don't quote those guys as gospel). The only article mentioned in this thread was from theonion.

This thread got seemingly uncivil.

I apologize.

And with that, we're all friends again.

Now how 'bout a group hug? hug.gif

(hey - who grabbed my ass? Was it you D? 'Cause if it was.....)

This was like the anti-Onion thread, where a real article was purported to be fake.

Thread starter, look at the mess you made.

i know it was a legit article, i just wanted to see how far the thread would go until someone picked up on the fact it was a legit article and not the onion. ^_^

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Look, I've got long arms, and they wound up hugging a little low. Maybe this is the mint juleps - or all that Robitussin I swigged - talking, but I felt it too. And if it was wrong, I don't want to be right.

No, wait! I was the guy tweaking your nipples, so it couldn't have been me. Well I feel better for figuring that out...

fiji - no apologies necessary on your part, it happens... War Eagle.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Look, I've got long arms, and they wound up hugging a little low. Maybe this is the mint juleps - or all that Robitussin I swigged - talking, but I felt it too. And if it was wrong, I don't want to be right.

No, wait! I was the guy tweaking your nipples, so it couldn't have been me. Well I feel better for figuring that out...

Sorry BBTV. You just have such a sweet ass. ^_^

Hey McCall, you lost the 2004 World Series... get that trophy outta your signature.

I kid. Well not about the losing part. :P

Hey McCall, you lost the 2004 World Series... get that trophy outta your signature.

That's ok. We won it last year and only waited 24 years instead of 84 or whatever it was for you guys. Plus we've won 10. (All in good fun, my man. All in good fun.)

That's ok. We won it last year and only waited 24 years instead of 84 or whatever it was for you guys. Plus we've won 10. (All in good fun, my man. All in good fun.)

Touche.

Boston's won 7 by the way, if you include the 1914 Braves. And I will, because I can. It was also 86 years.

We've been watching 3 for the last... two years now. We had been watching ten for the longest time, but Renee Chenault-Fattah (or as my dad calls her, "Ba-deep Ba-Dop Ba-Doop") has become rather annoying, and Hurricane Schwartz? Well... here's an LJ icon that sums up what I think of him...

22954.gif

You know, I'm half surprised that she's still on the air this spring, assuming she is, because one could argue equal-time laws (her husband is running for Mayor, after all.) As for Schwartz... There's a reason I use him in the joke about why my store is busy in the winter. It's as if Hurricane Schwartz says, "Up to an inch of snow is headed for our area! We advise you to go to the store, steal food, hoard gas! If you're an elderly American, you will not make it through this storm! An inch of snow, enough snow to make a FOOTPRINT is headed for our area!"

LvZYtbZ.png

Touche.

Boston's won 7 by the way, if you include the 1914 Braves. And I will, because I can. It was also 86 years.

Yeah...We've won 10 IN(UN?)DISPUTABLE Titles. All Cardinals, baby. ^_^

Archived