Panthers and rams

Pat

how good was that game? how would you rank that game against others youve seen? it was so exciting, and back and forth it was amazing.

what do you guys think?im still in shock :P

Proud owner of the Utah Pioneers of the Continnental Baseball League.

GBCanada.png

PACKER BACKER FOREVER!

I must say that game was just about the best games I have seen, And for MY PANTHERS to PULL It off like that I say   WOOOHOOOOO

We are on our way baby

At lease we was there, where was St. Louis, Dallas, Philly, Kansas City, Green Bay, Tenn, Seahawks, Denver, Indy, and the Ravenspantherplayoff.jpg

I was there...theoretically I guess it was a good game, but the Rams sorta stunk. I've said it all along, Bulger and Martz suck. Bulger throws three ints (2 in 4th, 1 in OT), one of them to give the game away. And Martz...1st down, 30 seconds left, one timeout, ball at the fifteen, down by three...he lets the clock tick to 3 calls a time out and sends it to OT. Absolute crap. I don't care if you don't wanna risk an int, at least try two runs with Marshall and then depending on time, try another play and call a timeout or call the timeout right there if your not in the endzone. Ridiculous. And Wilkins definatley should have been the Rams team MVP (they voted for Holt who was a pretty good choice). It's ashame Wilkins didn't have the leg for the winner, but he had 5/6 field goals, and the team would have been no where the whole year without him.

1. Those refs made some lousy calls against the Panthers.

2. Mike Martz seriously needs be be beaten with his own headset

3. I hope ya like Jason Sehorn, STL, He cost us big time last year in SF, now he cost you at the beginning of the 2nd OT... FUN!

Overall, it was an exciting game to watch, but i don't wanna hear anymore about some sort of conspiracy the NFL has for the Rams, because the refs did everything to hand this game to them. Mike Martz... You're on the 35, you're within good Field Goal range, and you pass??? It gets picked, and we all know how it ended. I hate the :censored:, and now his "Genius" cost the Rams big time, once again...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

1. Those refs made some lousy calls against the Panthers.

2. Mike Martz seriously needs be be beaten with his own headset

3. I hope ya like Jason Sehorn, STL, He cost us big time last year in SF, now he cost you at the beginning of the 2nd OT... FUN!

Overall, it was an exciting game to watch, but i don't wanna hear anymore about some sort of conspiracy the NFL has for the Rams, because the refs did everything to hand this game to them. Mike Martz... You're on the 35, you're within good Field Goal range, and you pass??? It gets picked, and we all know how it ended. I hate the :censored:, and now his "Genius" cost the Rams big time, once again...

Calls were even JQK. Refs weren't a factor either way.

Martz is stupid...please fire him...

As a football coach, I am 2nd guessing Martz - with :30 seconds left, why not spike the ball to stop the clock.  Take a couple of shots to get closer or even for a TD - that's the name of the game, to win in the playoffs.

Even if they did not get out of bounds, they still had one time out left to stop the clock to attempt the tying FG.  I guess he was playing the percentages, @ home, OT record, etc. but looks who's staying home.  

In retrospec, bad decision.  I was watching the game, my coaching attitude was to get the ball closer and take a shot at the endzone.  The Rams had all the momentum.   ???

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

caught the game last night at a sports bar.

martz wasn't thinking clearly by not going for the win, but us Panther fans felt like "hey he's an idiot, so OK".

the back and forth of close like this has been the M.O. for coach Fox all year. as a true fan, some games really run you through the ringer, with all the ups and downs and keeping the score so close.

the defense is finally getting noticed (1 TD allowed, Faulk held to 8 yrds running).

we'll play whoever, wherever to get to the Super Bowl, one game at a time...

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

This may sound strange, but "imperfect" play is more entertaining than picture-perfect execution.  With few exceptions, the superbowl is either a blowout or boring.  I honestly think two less-than-perfect teams are more exciting than the best of the best...at least in the case of the NFL playoffs.

shysters_sm.jpg

"One of my concerns is shysters show up and take advantage of people's good will and generosity".

The problem with the superbowl, or any really high profile sports event, is that the expectation is always for a good game. There are several reasons why this doesn't happen very often. (Although I have to say that for a major sports event the superbowl has had its share of pretty good games. Or at least emotion and drama, take the Pats superbowl win in the aftermath of 9/11, or the Bills giants game in the lead up to the first Gulf War, or Elways first superbowl win) However, just as not ervery game of sports is a thrilling classic, so every superbowl isn't.

The tension of the occasion is immense, so players are nervous, and usually at least 1 team underperforms. (Thats why blow outs occur I guess!) But quantumfreak is correct as well, two great teams don't always produce a great game. Sometimes the match up just doesn't suit an exciting game, sometimes great teams aren't great to watch. There are a number of reasons why Superbowls aren't always a fantastic game.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

There was something fundamentally wrong with the Rams this year -- from day 1.  I can't put my finger on it exactly.  There are certainly a lot of factors in the mix - Warner's mysterious decline in quality of play (is he still hurt?), Bulger's rapid descent and erratic play especially in the last half of the year, Martz's varying degrees of aloofness and tension, Orlando Pace's holdout and slag through the first quarter of the season (and beyond), Lovie Smith's late season and postseason distractions . . . just so many issues, and yet they won quite frequently in spite of themselves.  I just never had the feeling that this team had the right chemistry going for it entering the playoffs - everything has to be just right in order to carry a team into the Super Bowl and this year it just wasn't in the cards (no pun intended).  But hey, I'm old enough to remember 19 years of Cardinal football, so I'm not going to complain too much about hosting 5 playoff games in 5 seasons and going to 2 Super Bowls.  They did more during that time span than the Gridbirds have in their entire 100+ year history.

Archived