Chargers Mini Camp

Shroinke

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They screwed up so bad by not puting a white outline on the bolt when it's on navy though. SO bad.

Exactly. That's the most glaring problem with this set. The bolt stripes on the white jerseys look like a muddled mess.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

OK, this is the last time I'll rant about the "upside down" sleeve bolt. No, really. It just looks ridiculous. :cursing:

And I'll chime in again and say I think it looks fine and will look especially good when worn with pads. It's not so much upside down is it just follows the contour of the pad.

I should have have dropped this in the original jersey post but after seeing some replicas at the mall this weekend I concur about the bolts. My biggest nitpick though is the blunt way they ended the shoulder stripe the bolt is on. There is no reason for that to not come to a point like the Texans or USC Trojans shoulders. Rbk could have spent an extra fifteen minutes on the pattern for the jersey and reworked the seaming. Pure laziness and un-attention to detail.

fixedchargers.jpg

I didn't see the upside-down lightning bolts at first, but now that I see the uniforms in action, it's pretty glaring. Why wouldn't they fix that? I don't get it. All of that attention to detail -- including a detailed sheet listing why they did what they did -- and sloppiness on the direction of the shoulder logo?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Perhaps it was intended to be that way. Doesn't really bother me, honestly. I mean, that's a fairly petty aesthetic detail and is a really subjective one at that. Personally I never much cared for the old lightning bolt, so any chance to something that resembles a more traditional lightning bolt is a good one in my opinion.

cttdolphins2.png

I just can't get myself to notice this whole upside-down bolt thing. It seems to be pointing both ways to me.

On the helmet, from back to front, the zig-zags move upward.

On the jersey, from back to front, the zig-zags move downward.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I just can't get myself to notice this whole upside-down bolt thing. It seems to be pointing both ways to me.

On the helmet, from back to front, the zig-zags move upward.

On the jersey, from back to front, the zig-zags move downward.

I respect the effort you've made to explain it but if someone doesn't see it looking at those mini-camp shots, I think it's hopeless. Oh, what the hey, I'll try again too.

Look at this...do you agree that the bolt goes from left to right?

SD_978.gif

Now look at the jersey bolt. Logically, it should also go left to right, or towards the front of the jersey, but it doesn't, it goes towards the back of the jersey:

IMG_1811.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

More pics:

33044_699w393h.jpg

Although I really dislike the upsidedown bolt on the sleeve, this picture illustrates my other problem with the unis best. The bolt on the white helmet is on white and the bolt on the white shirt is on navy. Looks horible and inconsistent. Navy jersey is done correctly, white jersey should have had the bolt with no background field.

More pics:

33044_699w393h.jpg

Although I really dislike the upsidedown bolt on the sleeve, this picture illustrates my other problem with the unis best. The bolt on the white helmet is on white and the bolt on the white shirt is on navy. Looks horible and inconsistent. Navy jersey is done correctly, white jersey should have had the bolt with no background field.

You're right, having the bolt alone on the white jersey would have been the way to go. I like the white helmet but between the backwards bolts, forcing the powder blue into the scheme, and stuff like you pointed out, these just don't work overall.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

More pics:

33044_699w393h.jpg

Or a white outline would work as well.

OK, this is the last time I'll rant about the "upside down" sleeve bolt. No, really. It just looks ridiculous. :cursing:

And I'll chime in again and say I think it looks fine and will look especially good when worn with pads. It's not so much upside down is it just follows the contour of the pad.

I should have have dropped this in the original jersey post but after seeing some replicas at the mall this weekend I concur about the bolts. My biggest nitpick though is the blunt way they ended the shoulder stripe the bolt is on. There is no reason for that to not come to a point like the Texans or USC Trojans shoulders. Rbk could have spent an extra fifteen minutes on the pattern for the jersey and reworked the seaming. Pure laziness and un-attention to detail.

fixedchargers.jpg

I disagree. I like how it ends short. I think if you bring it to a point its almost, too pointy. If that makes sense. The point looks thin and fragile and all but disapears at a distance.

say what you will about these silly Chargers camp jerseys ... but I think some teams actually look better in practice style, making me wish their full sets looked more simplified.

some examples:

giants.jpg

redskins.jpg

This makes me really like the idea of the Chiefs with black pants:

chiefs.jpg

This just feels like a breath of fresh air:

bills.jpg

bengals.jpg

titans.jpg

cowboys_one.jpg

THIS is unforgivable though ... looking like damn ballerinas out there:

cowboys_poo.jpg

I disagree. I like how it ends short. I think if you bring it to a point its almost, too pointy. If that makes sense. The point looks thin and fragile and all but disapears at a distance.

Yeah, ok, Mr. I Work For Reebok...

Just kidding. Doesn't bother me either.

Only two things bother me about these new uniforms. The fact that the bolt does not have a white outline when on a blue (whether navy or powder) surface, and the fact that they have two pair of white pants. Just use the navy blue striped pants with the power jersey...it'd look fine.

More pics:

33044_699w393h.jpg

White outline would be better but it still doesn't solve the issue of having the bolt by itself on the helmet and then inside a strip everywhere else.

White outline would be better but it still doesn't solve the issue of having the bolt by itself on the helmet and then inside a strip everywhere else.

On one hand it's an issue because they obviously designed the helmet and the rest of the uniform as separate entities and that causes the disconnect some people feel when they look at the jerseys. On the other hand it's not an issue, because something like that was inevitable and I'm not sure there's a different solution.

cttdolphins2.png

More pics:

33044_699w393h.jpg

The Chargers seemed to manage with this "problem" from 1960 to 1987. There's a long precedent of the bolt being placed in a stripe one the jerseys, but alone on the helmet.

Archived