Chargers Mini Camp

Shroinke

White outline would be better but it still doesn't solve the issue of having the bolt by itself on the helmet and then inside a strip everywhere else.

On one hand it's an issue because they obviously designed the helmet and the rest of the uniform as separate entities and that causes the disconnect some people feel when they look at the jerseys. On the other hand it's not an issue, because something like that was inevitable and I'm not sure there's a different solution.

Easy solution:

- Bolt by itself when on white (like the helmet)

- Bolt on white strip when on navy or powder blue

BoltOnWhite.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White outline would be better but it still doesn't solve the issue of having the bolt by itself on the helmet and then inside a strip everywhere else.

On one hand it's an issue because they obviously designed the helmet and the rest of the uniform as separate entities and that causes the disconnect some people feel when they look at the jerseys. On the other hand it's not an issue, because something like that was inevitable and I'm not sure there's a different solution.

Easy solution:

- Bolt by itself when on white (like the helmet)

- Bolt on white strip when on navy or powder blue

BoltOnWhite.jpg

That would solve most of the disconnection people feel about the bolts on the helmet and jersey.

I think I was one of the first people here to complain about the bolt inconsistencies (the colors ones, not the upside-down shape). Glad to see so many people agree with me.

I've thought about it a lot and I think that the Chargers should have just always placed the bolt directly on the jerseys and pants like it is on the helmet. There's no need for the background stripes at all. The bolt is yellow, so it's visible on a white background, as well as light blue and navy blue.

They would have had to change the outline colors (i.e. outline the bolt in white when it's on navy and in navy when it's on white), but that's not that big of a deal.

We can all see that the bolt looks just fine on a white background. Anyone with an ounce of memory can remember that it looked fine on a dark background. They should have just let the bolts be the entire stripes.

tomlinson.jpg33044_699w393h.jpg

I think the best update would have been to take the 1987 uniforms http://www.weirdwolf.net/FFP/images/1980/SanDiego87.gif and make the following changes

(basically adding powder inside the white outline of the gold bolts)

navy blue mask

helmet bolt: yellow outlined in powder then outlined in white

home jersey bolt: yellow outlined in powder then outlined in navy

home jersey numders: yellow outlined in powder then outlined in white

away jersey bolt: yellow outlined in powder then outlined in white

white jersey numders: navy outlined in powder then outlined in gold

white pant with blue stripe

bolt: yellow outlined in powder then outlined in white

add navy pant with white stripe

bolt: yellow outlined in powder then outlined in navy

anyone feel like putting a mockup together?

• 3 weeks later...

chargers280.jpg

070526tomlinson1.jpg

Here are a couple pics from the SD Union-Tribune. LT was filming a commercial for Nike that will be airing in August. I do like the new look, but I'm the bolt on the pants is bugging me. The shape of it seems to be very inconsistent with the bolts on the helmet and jersey...and we all know that those two don't match each other very well.

Hmm.

I actually like this look less now that I see more of it.

I think the white helmet is what's killing this for me. The gold of the lightning bolt gets lost against the white of the helmet, where before the white bolts against the dark navy helmet was more striking [no pun intended]. And without the player numbers, this looks like a lot of wasted space compared to their previous white helmets.

The dark of the jerseys makes the white helmets look worse. It never mattered as much before, since the white helmets were paired with white jerseys or the powder blues. But the navy jerseys really don't go well with the white helmets at all.

*SIGH* I'll keep waiting patiently for the Fouts Era uniform to come back in all of its royal blue glory, gold facemasks and all. One day, they'll all realize I was onto something way back then. :rolleyes:

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived