Clemens signs with Yankees.

TurnTwo

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure, Clemens had a good career with Boston but he played for the Yanks in "Wade Boggs-style": get a World Series ring. Never tried the big challenge of beating the Boston's dark history of the World Series.

The Yankees were far from a World Series-contending team when Boggs joined them for the 1993 season. Boston chose to not resign him when he batted around .260 in 1992, expecting him to go into a decline in production... Whoops.

Maybe, but remember that before 2004, the Red Sox had kind of mental blockade when they are going to contend in the playoffs.

When you are playing for the Yankees, going to the World Series is natural. Boggs got a Yankees' contract, saw that a good team is building and then in 1996 finally got his ring.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Sure, Clemens had a good career with Boston but he played for the Yanks in "Wade Boggs-style": get a World Series ring. Never tried the big challenge of beating the Boston's dark history of the World Series.

The Yankees were far from a World Series-contending team when Boggs joined them for the 1993 season. Boston chose to not resign him when he batted around .260 in 1992, expecting him to go into a decline in production... Whoops.

Maybe, but remember that before 2004, the Red Sox had kind of mental blockade when they are going to contend in the playoffs.

When you are playing for the Yankees, going to the World Series is natural. Boggs got a Yankees' contract, saw that a good team is building and then in 1996 finally got his ring.

And then rode off into the sunset on a Devil Ray, how sad.

Well, Boggs is a Tampa Bay native... and prefered to finish his career in his hometown.

Thing that Clemens didn't imitate.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Well, Boggs is a Tampa Bay native... and prefered to finish his career in his hometown.

Thing that Clemens didn't imitate.

Clemens was also tossed aside in similar fashion to Boggs. Remember that before he signed with the Yankees the first time he was a Blue Jay for 2 seasons.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

I, for one, think it's refreshing that a young, under-the-radar player like Clemens can make good like this with a storied, much-loved team like the Yankees.

I think that this fine young man from middle America signing with a team like the New York Yankees, which I think we can all agree is probably the most popular team in Major League Baseball, will do just great. I can't wait for the kinescopes of his hurling skills to thrill the jaded moviegoer.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Quite the reaction from the YES "foul line" reporter: http://www.doza.biz/lounge/WaldmannOrgasm.mp3

She is no longer a YES Sideline Reporter she is now Color Analyst on WCBS 880 with John Sterling.

She was a Sideline reporter at one time though and shes even uglier then she sounds

http://www.bluejays.cc/photo.php?p=159

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Quite the reaction from the YES "foul line" reporter: http://www.doza.biz/lounge/WaldmannOrgasm.mp3

She is no longer a YES Sideline Reporter she is now Color Analyst on WCBS 880 with John Sterling.

She was a Sideline reporter at one time though and shes even uglier then she sounds

http://www.bluejays.cc/photo.php?p=159

But I bet she gets more action than you.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• 4 weeks later...

Clemens will miss his scheduled start on Monday and, according to him, perhaps a couple of weeks with a groin injury of some start. Kei Igawa is a possibility to start the Monday game at Chicago.

IUe6Hvh.png

Clemens will miss his scheduled start on Monday and, according to him, perhaps a couple of weeks with a groin injury of some start. Kei Igawa is a possibility to start the Monday game at Chicago.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

For $28 million Clemens should play every position for the Yankees....all at the same time....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

...and groins can linger.

That's what she said? :unsure:

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

This thing of the Yankees getting burned consistently this year is so awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived