Ccm vintage replicas- poor quality and inaccurate

bods39

Bods39, I feel your pain when it comes to Replica/Semi-Pro jerseys made by The Hockey Company (CCM/Koho/Jofa). The accuracy is practically non-existent and the quality is absolute crap! Hockey crests shouldn't be heat sealed on the jerseys, they should be sewn! Can I get a witness?!?

totally agrre

on a side note, I was flipping through some of my old hockey cards, I came across an old Joe Sakic just after he had be promoted to team captain. how do I know? underneath was the white shadow of an 'A' from where it was removed. call me crazy, but if it was stitched on, it shouldn't leave a shadow...

now, im not trying ot be a jerk here. just an observation, mostly a dissapointment that an NHL team would allow something like that to slip...

Sewn-on lettering has glue on the back and is heat applied before being sewn - so the numbers or letters don't move when they're being sewn. That is why there would be a shadow if a letter is removed.

Bods39, I feel your pain when it comes to Replica/Semi-Pro jerseys made by The Hockey Company (CCM/Koho/Jofa). The accuracy is practically non-existent and the quality is absolute crap! Hockey crests shouldn't be heat sealed on the jerseys, they should be sewn! Can I get a witness?!?

totally agrre

on a side note, I was flipping through some of my old hockey cards, I came across an old Joe Sakic just after he had be promoted to team captain. how do I know? underneath was the white shadow of an 'A' from where it was removed. call me crazy, but if it was stitched on, it shouldn't leave a shadow...

now, im not trying ot be a jerk here. just an observation, mostly a dissapointment that an NHL team would allow something like that to slip...

Sewn-on lettering has glue on the back and is heat applied before being sewn - so the numbers or letters don't move when they're being sewn. That is why there would be a shadow if a letter is removed.

The proper glue that is used in modern twill numbers is water soluble and disolves on the first washing.

Archived