Ottawa Senators

Calgary Flames

Colorado Avalanche

Vancouver Canucks

Atlanta Thrashers

NY Rangers

Anaheim Ducks

Philadelphia Flyers

I have been working on this one for a WHILE, just been sitting on my desktop of months as I tried to refine it. I also spent a while vectorizing the logo, which I used because I thought it would make a decent primary. So no VitaminD, this was not done in less than an hour. :P

I'm not saying they should go back to this, just a concept.

C+C please!

fishsticks-concept.gif

I like the idea, and you've got something good to work with, however...

1. The striping is a little messed up in some places. Clean that up.

2. The numbers should have the same coloring as the letters do. Right now the numbers are a little hard to read.

3. Do something to make the logo stand out a little more. Right now it blends in.

4. Why the hell did you put the pinnacle of locker room cancer on the back of the jersey?

why?.... it's like the blues going back to the jerseys they had with keenan (95-98). the nhl has seen the overall mistakes of the blues, islanders, and now sabres. get out and stay out of the 90s.

Not bad, but some suggestions:

- The striping shouldn't interfere with the crest. Heck, why curved stripes

- I've got no problem with the logo, although I'm still partial to the fisherman.

- The collar should somewhat mirror the striping pattern - on the dark jersey, there could be some grey/white in the collar. For the white, some teal or gray.

- "Meh" to the name/number font(s). Not sure if they're the same font, but regardless, standard block does wonders. Also, make em the same color.

- I'd suggest a white border around the logo on the blue jersey. It'll pop a bit more.

- I honestly think there's too much teal

- Pretty clean overall, but some of the outlines of the jerseys look a bit ragged. Also, some of the stripes stick out in some places.

Very nice concept. Others have already raised my points of critique, but I wanted to chime in with some praise. I think these jerseys would look great in motion on the ice, which far too few actual jerseys do.

20082614447.png

The fishstick, keenan jerseys and black and red Sabres jerseys were the best jerseys those teams ever had. Probably just because I grew up with them wearing them.

assuming you were born in 83, you should still be aware of the unis those teams wore before the 94 lockout. be aware of history, otherwisee you're bound to eventually repeat. i'm from stl, and if you remember hull's early years, you know that when you saw the 95-98 jerseys, you're eyes balked the first time you saw them when they signed and introduced macinnis. the current isles jersey is the best they've ever had. the current blues match, if not beat their originals. sorry to hate on these jerseys, but when you do the late 90s thing for hockey (including buffalo's currents), you deserve it.

I live in the south and watch zero hockey...what is "fishsticks" in relation to hockey?

It's in relation to the era of uniforms for the Islanders that these were inspired by. More can be seen here. Sportslogos.net logo and article

Hmm...I still don't quite get the "fishsticks" reference or why it was chanted by the opposing tea, seems kind of corny. I see a fisherman and a hockey stick...=fishsticks? :wacko:

Anyways, even though I don't watch hockey or care for it at all...I think that is a good looking logo on that page. Oh well, back to the thread.

That particular logo reminded people of the Captain Gordon brand. That's all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

why?.... it's like the blues going back to the jerseys they had with keenan (95-98). the nhl has seen the overall mistakes of the blues, islanders, and now sabres. get out and stay out of the 90s.

I'm not saying that they should go back to this, I just wanted to try something new. Like I said in the first post, its just a concept!

The fishstick, keenan jerseys and black and red Sabres jerseys were the best jerseys those teams ever had.

Wrong, wrong, and are-you- :censored:ing-kidding-me-WRONG. :cursing:

That aside, I like these for the most part. And very well executed. My gripes are more or less what's been said already.

- the crest gets lost beneath the curves on the body of the sweater

- the player name font is an awkward choice. The player number font is sans-serif, so why go with a serifed player name font? Also, the general feeling of the concept is one of gentle motion and graceful curves - even the numbers are rounded. So why throw an angular lettering font into the mix? I actually like the difference in color between the numbers and the name; I just don't like the non-uniform choice of lettering font.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I love these...

Lemme tell you why:

1. You took a logo that already exists, but you did a completely unique design that went well with it as far as the jersey.

2. The stripes look really cool touching the logo, and that would be original.

3. IT is vibrant, and it gets your attention. Plus, I've always thought that was a good logo.

4. The wavy pattern is terrific, it would be a great look.

5. Great job man. I can't tell speak on behalf of others, but I think it's a gem.

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

Archived