Comment about the eagles

puckcool22

the philadelphia eagles have acheived near perfection in football uniforms (not including alternates)

they shade of green is the best green in sports

the pants striping is unique

the numbers are perfect

the mettallic midnight green for the helmet is great

the wings work perfect, but the eagle head would work good too

i almost want the eagles to win just to see them in action some more

signature.gif

the philadelphia eagles have acheived near perfection in football uniforms (not including alternates)

i agree, only inclue the alts. those are the best looking alts. in the leauge (not including denver's or san diego's becasue those should be primaries).

I would almost agree with you, but I think the addition of the Charcoal trim this year (on the numbers and the pant striping) is such a bizarre move. Why not just use Silver? They've got Silver as one of their "primary" colors, but it's only present in the wings on the logo and then, they use a different shade of Silver in the bird-logo on the sleeves. Then, they introduce this Charcoal color as a trim color.

Weird.

I love the Midnight Green though...

I don't follow football that closely, but I do agree that the Eagles have excellent uniforms. I object to designs being called perfect or near-perfect because there is no perfect standard by which to measure. The only easuring stick is the other uniforms being used. That said, compared to the rest of the league, The Eagles are really good. I particularly like the Broncos myself. The Reds are, well, interesting, but being a mark for the colour red, I do like them, thought I know that they aren't the prettiest things ever worn

i've thought the change the eagles made way back in 96 was for the better, and no i'm not gonna bring up the late 90s again like i always seem to do :D

all i know is it ain't perfect, but close...just pick a silver.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

That green they use is awful. It really is awful. Looks like they're wearing black. The numbers are fine. I wish they would make the wing on the helmet either silver, or white, not both, and their dark pants are horrendous.

The Eagles uniforms are FAR from perfection.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

I agree with JQK, that is an awful shade of green it's too murky and sometimes seems like black. And I can never make out the pants stripes. They're numbering scheme looks a bit strange considering the futuristic feel the logo evokes. The wings on the helmet though are nice, but that's about it.

The Packers and Jets have nicer shades, in fact I think the Packers home set is absolutely perfect in every way, but I think the Ducks jade would make a nice football jersey color. The Sharks' Deep Pacific Teal could work too (not unlike the Dolphins, which has always worked, but a darker shade) Lime green (not Columbus' though) would make a nice trim color, but not a jersey color.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

I dig the green.. it is dark enough to be classy, and allow the white numbers to stand out. I love the wings ont he helmet, it is so uncreative to just stick a primary logo on the side of a helmet - ugh. I do thing they should picka grey-silver and run with it. I like it in the wings.

Georgia Tech, with the white jerseys, gold helmets, gold numebrs, and gold pants that all match do look incredibly good. Classy. Strong. One fo the best all-time college uniforms. I wish they could get a dispensation to ALWAYS wear their white. They wear white all but once of twice year, when they look kinds doofy in the gold jerseys that dont match the helmets.

Perfection? nahh.. just meeting different folks tastes in different ways.

For my taste, Georgia Tech is indeed awesome.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I think if the Eagles would ditch the black uniforms, they'd have an outstanding overall identity. The Eagle head logo is distinctive and simple enough. The green is a little dark, but it's a cool quality about that green that makes it seem to change colours depending on the lighting. I kinda like that.
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

The Eagles' regular home and road uniforms are great.  I like the midnight green although I will agree that adding charcoal gilded the lily somewhat.  I am also not a fan of the black facemask - shoulda stuck with grey.  That being said, their SB XV era uniforms are some of my all time favorites.  As a fan of the Giants, I have always had a natural avarice for the Eagles, however there is no disputing the fact that I have frequently been a fan of their uniforms.  I have the same problem with the hated Chicago Blackhawks.

I think the Packers home set is absolutely perfect in every way.

I have one problem with the Packers' set: the facemasks look black. I see no shade of green at all when watching them on TV.

The Eagles' dark green may as well be fluorescent by comparison.

Speaking of, I think the dark Eagles uniforms give them an intimidating feel. I'm not sure why, but they do that for me.

I loved the Eagles green when it first came in, but now I am not quite so sure. The black alt with the green pants was among the worst of the mix and match horrors in the NFL this year. But overall the Eagles have a great package. Modern yet classy. Just were the white pants with the black alternate!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I would almost agree with you, but I think the addition of the Charcoal trim this year (on the numbers and the pant striping) is such a bizarre move. Why not just use Silver? They've got Silver as one of their "primary" colors, but it's only present in the wings on the logo and then, they use a different shade of Silver in the bird-logo on the sleeves. Then, they introduce this Charcoal color as a trim color.

My biggest beef with the charcoal trim is that it's hardly distinguishable from the midnight green.

Until I was looking through Canis's 2003 uniforms, I didn't even realize that there was a charcoal stripe on the green pants, or charcoal trim between the stripes on the white pants.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

See guys, the thing is, when you talk about all this charcoal, it's technically supposed to be the same color. It's just that they didn't get it exactly right, as many teams (Cowboys, Chargers, Vikings) have done with helmets, pants, etc. So to me, the addition of the silver (charcoal) is a great move, and I think they would be perfect if they either drop the green pants or go to grey pants. Also bring back the green socks. And let's not talk about the alternates, I don't acknowledge those as NFL uniforms.

Archived