Tampa Bay DevilRays - ReBranding Concept

whchoclte

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'm with ballwonk...those logos are AMAZINGLY nice, and i really like the script - the monogram (TB) could be a bit more legible...for some reason i have no trouble reading it when you see the entire script, but it's more difficult to distinguish as a monogram - not sure how to fix that problem, but it's the only critique i have of a logo set that is otherwise fantastic

jldesigns404eo.png

WOW :shocked: That is brilliant!!! I would recomend taking the first two jerseys from the second set and the third jersey from the first set. Also I would try to limit the number of logos you use. I would take the top left hand one, top right hand one and the bottom middle one. Still an amazing piece of work and one the best and most original concepts I have seen in a verrry long time. :notworthy:

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

This concept has some real promise. I like the overall idea you have going. The 'TB', as previously mentioned, just needs to have each letter a little more distinguishable from each other. And, personal opinion only, but I just don't like the idea of powder blue road unis. I think it properly died out with the 80's. Maybe if you can come up with a gray with a blueish tint, that might work, but actual powder blues? Sorry. Just doesn't fit anymore.

But honestly, those are about the only things I'd probably change on it. Maybe some other minor things that can, in all actuallity, take a little getting used to, but in the end, work out just fine. Top notch job.

I hope people arent getting confused with all the logos. The main is the one that says Rays and I just showed the one without Rays as a reference and to be used on th sleeve.

The other two are just secondaries and I would probably use one or the other set. Either TB one or Tree one. Would be too much to use both.

Glad you guys like it, I will try to make changes tomm, but the Road blues are going nowhere. I think at least one team should rock it. PErsonally I love a big light blue look becuase its so original.

Keep the comments coming.

I've just checked out the updated versions. Still one heck of a package! I honestly think that the Rays could apply this right now - its that good.

The powder blue is growing on me more and more. I think it'd be something unique to the Rays.

The light blue road uni is growing on me as well, but I feel a slightly subdued shade of light blue would work much better and replicate gray a little better, much like the khaki Padres road uni does.

sfGpIrcd.jpg

Wow. This concept is simply drop-dead gorgeous. The logos and wordmark are the best I've seen in a while, with a trendy look, but not one that will look horrible in a few years. While the TB isn't amazing, it kinda looks cool, and will do. Also, the colors are really cool. They are a mix between sunlight and water and are extremely awesomely awesome. This is what the D-Rays should look like. A+

With all the rumors flying around and the 14 page thread on this subject , thought I would throw my idea out there on what could be. The main logo is just teh ball acting as teh sun shining down on the local area. The palm trees are present because they are outside the stadium. The two secondary logos I tried to keep classic. The first taking the ball and making the top yellow for the sun and bottom blue for water. The second is a classic TB insignia.

The lettering is meant to be modern yet very fluid. I also brought back the light blue unis as I figured this would be a perfect opportunity for this.

Thanks to Kyler (roxstar) for his help.

Please let me know what you think and dont go stealing it!!

Rays1A.jpg

Here is an edit to the unis with a few tweaks from soem gusy below. I like the slanted #'s. They do have the same angle as the wordmark and just adds soemthing diff. I added extra Light Blue to teh home jersey and did the lettermark in yellow on the caps. Slowly be coming my fav as I love the Light Blue hat

Rays2I.jpg

Here is a third edit eliminating most light blue from the unis. More Navy and Yellow Scheme using Light Blue as an accent. Shown further down teh post also:

Rays2E.jpg

Here is one for the people that wanted Gray jerseys instead of light blue. It works just not as original.

Rays2H.jpg

On the light blue caps, the "TB" in yellow is a little hard to see. I would have done it in a dark blue with yellow trim.

Atlanta Braves, please bring back the Indian Head logo.

I really dig the logo concepts,but keep in mind though.....The "RAYS" are named after a FISH.

You can keep the logos as they stand,but make sure the Black "Devil-Ray" is added just for me.

IMO,I would make the fish below the underline beneath the word "Rays".

I would be so perfect!!! (bow).The Devil-Ray should remain involved in the new package though.

I'm out for now.THE END.

:flagusa:

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

I really dig the logo concepts,but keep in mind though.....The "RAYS" are named after a FISH.

You can keep the logos as they stand,but make sure the Black "Devil-Ray" is added just for me.

IMO,I would make the fish below the underline beneath the word "Rays".

I would be so perfect!!! (bow).The Devil-Ray should remain involved in the new package though.

I'm out for now.THE END.

:flagusa:

He was going for the Sun RAYS version of the name Rays, not the Manta Ray. Read his opening post. I prefer the Manta Ray version, but he was trying to show the Sun Ray version, so you should only critique based on that and not the fish version, since he did in fact state that he was going in that direction. If he had not explained himself, then yes, you could make the argument that "you should go the fish, why do you have the sun?" route. I mean, you can make a suggestion of how it would look WITH the fish in there, but don't say his concept is lacking due to no fish being shown.

Not condemning you, just pointing out.....sorry I did it so confusingly (after reading back over it.) :D

Archived