Tampa Bay DevilRays - ReBranding Concept

whchoclte

I really dig the logo concepts,but keep in mind though.....The "RAYS" are named after a FISH.

You can keep the logos as they stand,but make sure the Black "Devil-Ray" is added just for me.

IMO,I would make the fish below the underline beneath the word "Rays".

I would be so perfect!!! (bow).The Devil-Ray should remain involved in the new package though.

I'm out for now.THE END.

:flagusa:

He was going for the Sun RAYS version of the name Rays, not the Manta Ray. Read his opening post. I prefer the Manta Ray version, but he was trying to show the Sun Ray version, so you should only critique based on that and not the fish version, since he did in fact state that he was going in that direction. If he had not explained himself, then yes, you could make the argument that "you should go the fish, why do you have the sun?" route. I mean, you can make a suggestion of how it would look WITH the fish in there, but don't say his concept is lacking due to no fish being shown.

Not condemning you, just pointing out.....sorry I did it so confusingly (after reading back over it.) :D

I accept his apology.All is forgiven.I've already seen the other FISH-Ray's concept.It's completely different from yours.However,this concept seems to be pretty good IMO though,but the hats should be a darker royal blue,NOT navy.The shade of yellow is fine,but the lt.blue needs to be more bluer.That's all.

majorleaguebaseball3fi.gif

nflfan8bf.jpg

319rg.jpg

dccomics5vs.png

antimtv.png

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since everyone is in love with this concept, I'm sure it won't hurt you to hear one negative opinion. I don't really like anything about it.

For the logos, I like the one with "Rays" on the bottom the best, but I would emphasize the palm trees more so you can actually see them in their entirety, and reduce the size (or eliminate) the baseball.

The color blue on the uniforms/caps is way too light and tough on the eyes. A slighly darker color would be better.

The "Rays" wordmark is ok, but the "Tampa Bay" one on the jersey is too small and not clear enough. And the plain underlining of the wordmark is unnecessary.

The "TB" logo: it's hard to distinguish the T from the B. It looks like a fancy B from afar. I think that font just doesn't work for a baseball cap.

The all light blue uniforms are cute but maybe as an alternate and not an everyday road.

The numbers are not baseball-like enough. I'm ok with not always using block, but this font just doesn't do it for me.

Your 2nd version of the white uniform with navy and gold scheme is the best, but basically very similar to the Brewers and many other teams that wear navy, and nothing special.

I really dig the logo concepts,but keep in mind though.....The "RAYS" are named after a FISH.

You can keep the logos as they stand,but make sure the Black "Devil-Ray" is added just for me.

IMO,I would make the fish below the underline beneath the word "Rays".

I would be so perfect!!! (bow).The Devil-Ray should remain involved in the new package though.

I'm out for now.THE END.

:flagusa:

He was going for the Sun RAYS version of the name Rays, not the Manta Ray. Read his opening post. I prefer the Manta Ray version, but he was trying to show the Sun Ray version, so you should only critique based on that and not the fish version, since he did in fact state that he was going in that direction. If he had not explained himself, then yes, you could make the argument that "you should go the fish, why do you have the sun?" route. I mean, you can make a suggestion of how it would look WITH the fish in there, but don't say his concept is lacking due to no fish being shown.

Not condemning you, just pointing out.....sorry I did it so confusingly (after reading back over it.) :D

I accept his apology.All is forgiven.I've already seen the other FISH-Ray's concept.It's completely different from yours.However,this concept seems to be pretty good IMO though,but the hats should be a darker royal blue,NOT navy.The shade of yellow is fine,but the lt.blue needs to be more bluer.That's all.

Uhh....what apology? Forgiven? I wasn't apologizing to you (except for wording my post in a confusing matter). And your supposed to use the spacebar after a comma or a period at the end of a sentence.

Archived