New jerseys for

Puckguy14

Forgive me for talking MLS, but most of the teams in the MLS are changing uniforms.  

This link is for the Chicago Fire whose kits are now being supplied by Puma.  They look pretty cheap.  http://www.mlsnet.com/content/03/chi0115unis.html

But they don't look as bad as what the Los Angeles Galaxy will wear.  These make the Wild Wing jersey and the Fisherman Wave look beautiful.  To see these, (warning you might get blind when looking at these eyesores, go to: http://www.mlsnet.com/content/03/la0115unis.html

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

BTW, the Galaxy have also officially gone from Galaxy Teal to Forest Green.  Personally, teal seems to fit the name better.

You know, as much as I dislike soccer jerseys, I have to respect the MLS for keeping them mostly ad-free and simple. The Fire jerseys are simple and clean, which is IMO always better than too complicated. The Galaxy jerseys, with that horrible crossing-guard like stripe across them, could be so much better... why not spread that wordmark across the front of a green jersey for the away, and maybe add some subtle hints of that swirl pattern they've got in their logo. For the home, make a white version of the away. Why do they have to do THIS to us?!?!
WINnipegSigBanner.gif

AS much as I hate the new Galaxy unis, its not as bad as the original San Jose Clash uniforms.  If I ever find a pic of it, you'll see what made it awful.  

BTW, the Earthquakes are going to have a blue version of what Manchester United wears at home (their red jersey).

AS much as I hate the new Galaxy unis, its not as bad as the original San Jose Clash uniforms.  If I ever find a pic of it, you'll see what made it awful.  

BTW, the Earthquakes are going to have a blue version of what Manchester United wears at home (their red jersey).

you mean, black, gold, red, and two hundred different shades of teal and green?  :laugh:

Ive never been to a quakes game, guess I should finally go to a couple this summer.

of course, even in the bay area the most popular soccer teams are Club America (Aguilas) and Club Guadlajara (Chivas). Personally I like Veracruz (Tiburones Rojos!!)

Quakes games are fun.  If you want to see some good soccer, go to a MLS game.  Cheap and affordable and gets you out of the house for a couple of hours, if anything.  GO QUAKES!

As I was reading the first post I toght those jersey are gonna be somthing like a cross between Padres camuflage and some minor league hockey team called Pride, but as a soccer fan those jerseys are OK. Fire has the same style jersey as Stuttgart but without gray as an accent color, and the Nike Galaxy jersey is the same as Barcelona and Inter jersey but has Nike in the middle opposed to side in Inter and Barca jerseys. So those are not new styles whatsoever.

I thought most of the MLS teams changed their jersey formats every year.  It certainly seems that way.  In any case, I really like the Galaxy's new kits.  It's got kind of a retro-NASL look to it.

Minus the stripes, the Galaxy jerseys aren't so bad.  But the stripes are awful.  (And, forest green?  Bah, bring back the teal.)

I know it isn't a big change, but it seems like there's a slight difference in the Fire jerseys, but I can't put my finger on it.  The Fire have one of the best identities in all of sports, I think.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Egads, I found pictures of both kits, and put them side by side.  The new ones are horrible in comparison.  See for yourself:

Home (Red)

Old (Nike)

New (Puma)

Road (White)

Old (Nike)

New (Puma)

I hate to say I like something by Nike, but the new jerseys can't hold a candle to the old set.  It's totally in the details.

POTD 2013-08-22

Sure, the old ones are better, but there isn't that big of a difference.

It's not, really, but I swear, the look they had was so very much in the details.  The little things like striping make the old look that much more sharp.

POTD 2013-08-22

Sure, the old ones are better, but there isn't that big of a difference.

It's not, really, but I swear, the look they had was so very much in the details.  The little things like striping make the old look that much more sharp.

That is true, it was the little things like that extra stripe on the bottom of the center stripe that made the old better.

Archived