MLB VINTAGE LOGO SIGS

dbackdiehard17

Our Year sigs have been fun to make, but what would they look like, with old school logos?

I tried it out, and loved the result. Check them out, C&C much appreciated!

And away we go...

ASTROS:

ASTROS.jpg

BRAVES:

BRAVES.jpg

BREWERS:

BREWERS.jpg

CARDINALS:

CARDINALS.jpg

More to come...

CUBS:

CUBS.jpg

DIAMONDBACKS

DBACKS.jpg

EXPOS:

EXPOS.jpg

GIANTS:

GIANTS.jpg

More to come...

PADRES:

PADRES.jpg

PHILLIES:

PHILLIES.jpg

PIRATES:

PIRATES.jpg

REDS:

REDS.jpg

ROCKIES:

ROCKIES.jpg

High Quality Entertainment for the masses.

DiamondbacksSig.pngsuperbowlxliii-1.png

could u do a Senators sig with this logo and call it the Nationals?

1380.gif

i love the way they look.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Most of these are pretty cool. Here are some of my suggestions:

Why not use this logo, or this one for the Cubs one, not really retro if you have the logo they have now, but I know it hasn't changed much over the years.

Also why not go with this, this, or this for the Nationals. Doesn't make sense for a team in Washington to have a Montreal team's logo.

Overall these are really nice!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

these sigs are nice but the more and more i look at them the more and more i start to dislike them. my one complaint is how on one side it says "07 Our" and the other "HOU Year" i think it should say "HOU 07" on one side and "Our Year"on the other. just a suggestion

newsig.jpg

-The Few, The Proud, The Paint Users.-

Here's more...

Thanks for all the suggestions guys

INDIANS:

INDIANS.jpg

ORIOLES:

ORIOLES.jpg

RED SOX:

REDSOX.jpg

ANGELS:

ANGELS.jpg

Here's more...

ATHLETICS:

ATHLETICS.jpg

BLUE JAYS:

JAYS.jpg

MARINERS:

MARINERS.jpg

RANGERS:

RANGERS.jpg

DEVIL RAYS:

RAYS.jpg

TWINS:

TWINS.jpg

TIGERS:

TIGERS.jpg

ROYALS:

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t295/db...rd17/ROYALS.jpg

WHITE SOX:

WHITESOX.jpg

ROYALS:

ROYALS.jpg

CUBS (With suggested logo)

CUBS-1.jpg

NATIONALS WITH SUGGESTED LOGO:

NATS.jpg

Great idea. But there's some work left to be done.

1. As was mentioned, the placement of the words is questionable. Spreading out the "OUR YEAR" makes it look like it wasn't meant to be read left-to-right.

2. Your definition of "old school" is a little generous. To call anything about the D-Backs "old school" is ludicrous, especially given that your "old school" logo just got dumped this past season. That's not old school at all. IMO, go back to a team's 1st season logos. The Mariners' trident instead of the generic-as-hell "M's" in a baseball. The Rangers' baseball wearing a 10-gallon hat instead of what they were wearing into the '90s. Beer Barrel Man instead of the ball & glove. I'm only 31, and I am as old, or older, than all of the logos on your concepts, and the vast majority of MLB teams are older than I am. Contrary to what the young'ins believe, the world did not begin in 1992. If these are vintage concepts, go back and find real vintage logos - The Reds' Mr. Redlegs, the Phillies' Whiz Kids Era logos, and old Oriole or Cardinal. Some teams look nice, like the White Sox and Red Sox.

3. If this is a vintage concept, I'd rethink your choice of the Spiderman 3 and Star Wars fonts for your banners. Again, old school and vintage are far older than the fonts you're displaying. I know you're going for consistency, but the "OUR YEAR" thing is enough to make a suitable connection between your 2 series that your fonts should better reflect the vintage feel you're after.

4. This concept can't work for every team. The Rays, Rockies, Marlins, D'backs and Nationals simply haven't been around long enough to be vintage. Some would even argue the same about teams like the Mariners and Blue Jays (31st season for both). I'd rather see you really make this vintage, even if it means excluding teams whose histories don't begin before 1990. But "Vintage Rockies" is more or less a contradiction in terms, and makes the whole series look less credible.

Like I said, great idea. But there's room for improvement.

EDIT: Read your response, and I don't want to post-whore.

I see now more what you're going for. I was working on a different definition of "vintage", and I didn't realize you were intending more of a blending old and new. That said, I still think this is a great idea, and you're executing it well in line with the definitions you've set for yourself.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Great idea. But there's some work left to be done.

1. As was mentioned, the placement of the words is questionable. Spreading out the "OUR YEAR" makes it look like it wasn't meant to be read left-to-right.

2. Your definition of "old school" is a little generous. To call anything about the D-Backs "old school" is ludicrous, especially given that your "old school" logo just got dumped this past season. That's not old school at all. IMO, go back to a team's 1st season logos. The Mariners' trident instead of the generic-as-hell "M's" in a baseball. The Rangers' baseball wearing a 10-gallon hat instead of what they were wearing into the '90s. Beer Barrel Man instead of the ball & glove. I'm only 31, and I am as old, or older, than all of the logos on your concepts, and the vast majority of MLB teams are older than I am. Contrary to what the young'ins believe, the world did not begin in 1992. If these are vintage concepts, go back and find real vintage logos - The Reds' Mr. Redlegs, the Phillies' Whiz Kids Era logos, and old Oriole or Cardinal. Some teams look nice, like the White Sox and Red Sox.

3. If this is a vintage concept, I'd rethink your choice of the Spiderman 3 and Star Wars fonts for your banners. Again, old school and vintage are far older than the fonts you're displaying. I know you're going for consistency, but the "OUR YEAR" thing is enough to make a suitable connection between your 2 series that your fonts should better reflect the vintage feel you're after.

4. This concept can't work for every team. The Rays, Rockies, Marlins, D'backs and Nationals simply haven't been around long enough to be vintage. Some would even argue the same about teams like the Mariners and Blue Jays (31st season for both). I'd rather see you really make this vintage, even if it means excluding teams whose histories don't begin before 1990. But "Vintage Rockies" is more or less a contradiction in terms, and makes the whole series look less credible.

Like I said, great idea. But there's room for improvement.

I UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING YOU SAID:

I guess I should clear some things up:

I wanted it to be a clash of vintage, with new school...

Old logos, some time back in the 80's or way back, but I also wanted to do every team, so teams like the Rockies and D'Backs are tough, so that's what I settled on...

By vintage I meant at least around 20 years old at the very least. I should've been more clear about it. My idea was to use older logos, and to put them into a 2007 sig.

I've received mixed results from the placement of our year and 07 and team name... so I think I'm just going to stick with it.

I'm glad you like the idea. i appreciate all the feedback, and I will certainly take it into account.

Thanks.

lol i was gonna say i know we're bad but we dont deserve a damn trophy? LOL

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

lol i was gonna say i know we're bad but we dont deserve a damn trophy? LOL

lmao.. Nope, nothing against the nats. And if I was going to forget to give one team a trophy, i'd be the Yanks, because don;t they have enough already?

I think the modern looking fonts you used clash harshly with your 'retro logos' .

I'll repeat this again:

I guess I should clear some things up:

I wanted it to be a clash of vintage, with new school...

Old logos, some time back in the 80's or way back, but I also wanted to do every team, so teams like the Rockies and D'Backs are tough, so that's what I settled on...

By vintage I meant at least around 20 years old at the very least. I should've been more clear about it. My idea was to use older logos, and to put them into a 2007 sig.

I've received mixed results from the placement of our year and 07 and team name... so I think I'm just going to stick with it.

I'm glad you like the idea. i appreciate all the feedback, and I will certainly take it into account.

Thanks.

I really thought the "Our" and "Year" were placeholders, like maybe you'd be putting in some text or perhaps the year of the logo or that the team last won the World Series. I totally didn't understand that it was saying "Our Year" until someone pointed it out. Could probably be made clearer.

Also, if you're giving the Nats credit for that old logo, you need to give them a World Series trophy, too, for the 1924 championship. (Much as I love Nick Johnson, the '24 Series is the reason I have the number 24 on all my Nats jerseys, and I think most Nats fans are aware of Washington's one World Series win. Which, by purely objective standards, remains the third greatest World Series of all time. B) So give the Nats sig a trophy. And maybe take off the "Our Year" line from that one, since it plainly isn't.)

20082614447.png

Because of popular demand, I changed the order of the Our Year and 07/ Team name

Thus, this is what it looks like now:

I already made a bunch in the other version, so if you have a request, just let me know... (If its a request of a team already made with that same logo) I can do it quickly... Otherwise it may take a little more time.

Thanks guys, hope this is more to your liking.

We'll kick off the revised with Washington (5 different styles, I want to know which you like best):

NATS5.jpg

NATS-2.jpg

NATS3.jpg

NATS2.jpg

NATS4.jpg

C & C MUCH APPRECIATED!

The Nationals/Senators reads funny. 07 WAS our year. Like a message from the future.

hAHA, That's really funny... I never even noticed that...lol

Archived