Af2 logos

Ez Street

Best Coyote logo: Connecticut Coyotes - AFL

Forget the years, they were only around for two years, and their second year they used a "Flying Wing" helmet, but their logo was one of the best that league ever produced.

EDIT:

-1-

-2-

-3-

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

OMFG.......that Coyote.............

It looks like a plane crashing.......or a cigarette butt.

My apologies to the Phoenix Coyotes.  I hate your logo, but you ain't got nothing on this.

RE:  Dawgz.....Why can it not just be Dogs?  I can stomach two word names like Low Gators or Swamp Hounds or Sea Dragons even though they are exercises in redundancy.  But I can't get past the need to put 'Z's on the end of things.

Yard Dogs.  What's so bad about that?

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

But I can't get past the need to put 'Z's on the end of things.

Yard Dogs. What's so bad about that?

Sterling, don't you understand that we live in a country that has been enveloped in a big, giant, warm Hip Hop blanket. Nowadays if you want something to sell you have to find a way to make it the shiznit fasiznit or no one will care.

sigh

Okay, call me retarded for not knowing this, but what the hell is that supposed to be anyways? Michigan uses it on their helmets and I've seen it on a few other teams. What is it!?

Ok, retard... :P (j/k)

It was the design of a leather helmet made by wilson called the "Flying Wing". Most leather helmets were either natural leather color ortanned or stained black, blue, whatever. Princeton was the first to paint in the different leather pieces different colors, with the base color being black, and the "Flying Wing" part being orange. Then, i believe it was the AD of Princeton (not sure on this fact) went to Michigan, and took that helmet design with him, and the rest is history.

sB9ijEj.png

Okay, call me retarded for not knowing this, but what the hell is that supposed to be anyways? Michigan uses it on their helmets and I've seen it on a few other teams. What is it!?

that design was merely paint on raised elements of a leather helmet worn years ago. princeton did it first, before michigan. if you look hard enough, you can find old NFL photos showing leather helmets with similar features, unpainted.

Forget the years, they were only around for two years, and their second year they used a "Flying Wing" helmet, but their logo was one of the best that league ever produced.

EDIT:

-1-

-2-

-3-

i :censored:ing love that logo, why don't they use it?!?

Because the Connecticut Coyotes are defunct.

sB9ijEj.png

that design was merely paint on raised elements of a leather helmet worn years ago. princeton did it first, before michigan. if you look hard enough, you can find old NFL photos showing leather helmets with similar features, unpainted.

The Giants used a Red & Blue version sometime in the 1930's...

sB9ijEj.png

EDIT:

-1-

-2-

-3-

i :censored:ing love that logo, why don't they use it?!?

Because the Connecticut Coyotes are defunct.

Yes, this is true. I went on a mindless rant without thinking about it first. Still i wish they could find a way, that thing is sweet. Don't these teams look for anyone with talent anymore?

This is what an unpainted leather helmet looked like:

minifrontalwing.jpg

And this is what happens when you paint it blue-and-gold for Michigan (you can still see the seams):

michiganmini.jpg

(By the way, I got these images from a website called 1st Stop Sports, which sells replica helmets and stuff, including replica leather helmets!)

CK3ZP8E.jpg

New Coyotes logo;  on a scale of 1 to 10, it gets

a -11 (buzz)  bad logo~ :P

Ok City Yard dogs - I like it.  I wish I had a larger version.

Is anyone vectorizing the Yard dogs - that's cool. :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Got this from the official University of Michigan athletics site's page on history, http://www.mgoblue.com/section....level=3

(I think this works if you just click on it, but just in case, c/p)

Who was responsible for designing the football helmets for the University of Michigan football team?

Michigan's famed winged football helmet dates back to 1938, when Fritz Crisler arrived from Princeton University with his penchant for detail and style.

"Michigan had a plain black helmet and we wanted to dress it up a little," Crisler recalled. "We added some color (maize and blue) and used the same basic helmet I had designed at Princeton."

There was one other consideration. Fritz thought this unique helmet could be helpful to his passers as they tried to spot their receivers downfield. "There was a tendency to use different-colored helmets just for receivers in those days, but I always thought that would be as helpful for the defense as for the offense," offered the former Wolverine football coach and athletic director.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

far as the michigan design, tell me about it.  one of the HS teams in my city wears a red and silver version, and until about two or three years ago one of the private schools wore a gold and purple version.

far as Yard Dawgz: i coulda lived with Yard Dogs.  Coulda lived with Yard Dawgs...i mean, hell, they list 'Dawgs as UGa's alternate nickname.  At least they're not in Utah...then we'd have the Utah Yard Dawgzz :angry:

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

((One of the better HS football programs in the Pittsburgh area wears an Aqua and black version of the Michigan helmet. It takes a while to get used to.))

Woodland Hills Wolverines! Is that really aqua, though? I always thought they were Powder blue and black. They would always beat us (Bethel Park) in the playoffs....

Woodland Hills Wolverines! Is that really aqua, though? I always thought they were Powder blue and black. They would always beat us (Bethel Park) in the playoffs....

I'm pretty sure they're aqua. They seem a lot darker than powder blue. You may know better than I do. i've only seen them on newsprint.

Archived