WOAH! They wore That!?

kewp80

Is it sad that I'm not shocked by Eric Dickerson being a Falcon, but rather being on the Radiers, Colts, and Rams? Sure I was a little young at the time to really know who he was, but I do know Eric Dickerson, as a Falcon was, amzing in NHL Football '94 for my SEGA Genesis.

:D I'd like to see video of this.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There should be another section... Players who had a different uniform in their rookie (or first couple of) season(s), but the team completely revamped, and they are known for the revamped uni. The best I can think of off the top of my head is Kirby Puckett... obviously known for what they currently wear (sans alts), but he played a couple of seasons with the old pullovers.

Funny you should say that 'cause I was surprised to see Deion Sanders on NFL Network in the Falcons' old red helmet uni. I thought he was drafted after they went to the black.

98_1_b.JPG

Holy crap, that is the pinnacle of topnotch football uniform design, IMO. Just absolutely flawless, in all areas. Even the pant striping is awesome.

Needless to say, I love that uni set. A damn shame they decided to go black not too long after that, then they just completely went to hell with their current set.

Dominique Wilkins on the Boston Celtics in 94-95 is my favorite "Whoa what!" thing. I found this out when I was playing NBA Jam T.E., and I was like 9. I didn't realize who Wilkins was, but then it finally dawned on me that it was the Human Highlight Reel himself. He wore number 12 for some reason, and if I ever find a #12 Celtics jersey, it's gonna be copped.

He also played for the Clippers (saw footage of his first Clippers game on Sportscenter!). He also played for the Magic and Spurs in '99.

bSLCtu2.png

Jimmy Smith on the Cowboys and Eagles

Adam Oates on the Flyers, Mighty Ducks and Oilers

Richard Dent on the 49ers, Colts and Eagles

Dikembe Mutombo on the Nets and Knicks

Cecil Fielder on the Angels and Indians

Wade Boggs on the Devil Rays

Jeremy Roenick on the Kings

Eddie Murray on the Angels

Danny Tartabull on the Phillies

Bret Saberhagen on the Rockies

Darren Daulton on the Marlins

There should be another section... Players who had a different uniform in their rookie (or first couple of) season(s), but the team completely revamped, and they are known for the revamped uni. The best I can think of off the top of my head is Kirby Puckett... obviously known for what they currently wear (sans alts), but he played a couple of seasons with the old pullovers.

Kenny Lofton in Houston and in old Indians jersey:

1992D_Lofton_Kenny.jpg

kenny_lofton_autograph.jpg

Steve McNair in Houston:

mcnair_400x415.jpg

Shaun Alexander rookie:

http://www.billssportscards.com/graded-foo...lexander590.jpg

Tiki Barber 1997:

but822.jpg

Dirk Nowitzki 1999:

228792537_e9e9a622e5.jpg

An alternative take on this thread would be:

A player who joined a different team in the waning months/years of his career, and wore a different number than the one he was most famous in.

ie.

Bobby Hull as #16 with Hartford Whalers (instead of 9)

Joe Montana as # 19 with Chiefs (instead of 16)

Brett Hull as #19 with Dallas Stars (instead of 16)

We could call this the "here's a player that classier than Jerry Rice" thread......I'm still mad about his lack of respect or appreciation for what Largent's 80 meant to Seattle...

Darren Daulton wearing 20 in Florida instead of his usual 10. I think he said when he found out he needed to switch numbers, he would honor Mike Schmidt.

Also, seeing Steve Carlton in anything other than 32 was a little difficult once he started bouncing around the league.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived