WOAH! They wore That!?

kewp80

This looks weird, doesn't it?

r_kelly_vt.jpg

And, kind of related, this took me aback as well:

a_newhome_vt.jpg

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Saw this on UniWatch. He is wearing a Chargers jersey but sitting on a helmet I do not recognize. I also noticed a Raiders helmet in the background.

8fae8d47b18527407ab8eeb7cf6bbef0_ojsimpson.jpg

The helmet he is sitting on is an AFC pro bowl helmet. Back then players used thier regular season helmets but had them painted either red (AFC) or blue (NFC) for use in the pro bowl.

A lot of people don't know that Eric Dickerson was actually traded to the Packers before he retired. But he failed the physical and the trade was nixed. He decided to retire after that. But it makes me wonder if there's a picture out there of Eric holding a green & gold jersey at a press conference.

I am surprised no one has mentioned Warren Sapp yet.

1995sapp.jpg

Away jerseys at Houlihans Stadium?!

Smart idea.

Florida in August, September or October and a opponent, (Atlanta?) wearing a black jersey...

Brilliant!!! :D

Saw this on UniWatch. He is wearing a Chargers jersey but sitting on a helmet I do not recognize. I also noticed a Raiders helmet in the background.

8fae8d47b18527407ab8eeb7cf6bbef0_ojsimpson.jpg

The helmet he is sitting on is an AFC pro bowl helmet. Back then players used thier regular season helmets but had them painted either red (AFC) or blue (NFC) for use in the pro bowl.

Yeah, but why the Chargers jersey?

what about sammy on the rangers or the white sox

sosaud.jpg

Heh. I posted the exact same picture a couple pages back.

But speaking of the White Sox...

The flip-side of the Sosa trade - George Bell:

Bellgeorge.jpg

Luis Aparicio on the Red Sox:

1509851.jpg

And with the Orioles:

Aparicio_Luis_3.jpg

I remember Steve Carlton in the late-80's White Sox uniforms, but I don't remember this:

carltonprimeinkeg7.jpg

And, of course...

Babe Ruth as a Dodger (sure, he was a coach, but still...)

babedodger.jpg

An alternative take on this thread would be:

A player who joined a different team in the waning months/years of his career, and wore a different number than the one he was most famous in.

ie.

Bobby Hull as #16 with Hartford Whalers (instead of 9)

Joe Montana as # 19 with Chiefs (instead of 16)

Brett Hull as #19 with Dallas Stars (instead of 16)

We could call this the "here's a player that classier than Jerry Rice" thread......I'm still mad about his lack of respect or appreciation for what Largent's 80 meant to Seattle...

If I remember correctly, Largent offered up the #80 to Rice after the trade was announced.

If he keeps up his current pace with the Rangers, Adrian Gonzalez could be a good candidate. Never played in a major league game with the Marlins, and only about 50 with the Rangers.

(Best pictures I could find)

ph_timeline_small_adrian.jpg

sp_padres1.jpg

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

Gilbert Arenas in a Warriors jersey, I wouldn't otherwise make note of this except that I don't think he ever wore this style while at Golden State:

3283456563e1a38f623orf8.jpg

Priest Holmes and Jim Harbaugh as Ravens:

17809957hz7.jpg

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I give you.... OLD MAN SCHILLING with the BALTIMORE ORIOLES:

schillingdon.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

Archived