Afl's georgia force updating unis...

Brian in Boston

The Arena Football League's Georgia Force are retooling their uniforms. A predominantly black helmet will replace the current silver model. In fact, it was on display at the press conference announcing Vince Dooley as Chairman of the Force Advisory Board. There will also be changes made to the team's jerseys and pants. The complete new uniforms are to be unveiled sometime within the next two weeks.

Also, you can check out the Philadelphia Soul's uniforms in the screen-shots from the Jon Bon Jovi/John Elway AFL commercial shoot. You can see the Soul's unis in the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 9th photos in the promo filming gallery.

http://www.arenafootball.com/multimedia

Brian in Boston

When I was in New York for Thanksgiving, I saw some dude getting out of a big SUV in front of the Plaza rocking sunglasses and a Soul hat. It took me a couple seconds to realize that it was Bon Jovi. It struck me weird that no one seemed to recognize him, but if it weren't for the hat, the thought wouldn't have entered my mind, so I guess it made sense.

DOes no one else notice that the resemblance between Bon Jovi and Julia Roberts is growing more and more disturbing?

Same thing with Robert Plant and Brenda Vaccaro...it's seriously freaking me out..

Welcome to DrunjFlix

good god, is commisoner David Baker Andre the Giants brother?

he looks massive compared to Bon Jovi! I know JBJ isn't the biggest guy out there, but jeesh the commish is gigantic.

I like the airbrushed "Mrs. Sambora" t-shirt Heather is sporting

it's a nice summer at the shore touch.

Here's some photos of the Georgia Force helmet... It seems Dooley's also trying to get into the uniform design game:

http://www.georgiaforce.com/media/photo%20galleries/2004-01-08/7.jpg

http://www.georgiaforce.com/media/photo%20galleries/2004-01-08/8.jpg

The stripes actually look kinda cool. Gives the helmet a bit more color... Does anybody know why he was doing that? I'm assuming it's a joke on how the Falcons had to add gold to their helmets originally to appease the Georgia Tech fans. I guess he's trying to throw both UGA and Tech colors on the helmet.

Here's the actual helmet with no stripes.

http://www.georgiaforce.com/media/photo%20galleries/2004-01-08/16.jpg

What does everyone have against black helmets with no stripes? I love that look. It works beautifully for the Jaguars, and it looks even better for the Force. I personally thought their silver helmet looked out of place on a predominantly blue and black uniform. I think this will be a great modification for the upcoming season. Can't wait to see what they've done with the unis.

I don't have a problem with black helmets with no stripes. In fact, I think it's a big improvement for the Force.

I was just wondering what was going on in that picture with the funky helmet stripes. It's kind of funny...

I actually like the Crush's colors (I didn't think I'd like orange and gold together), but why couldn't they have come up with a logo that is more imaginative.... or even one that somehow would represent the team name.

I don't understand how a sleek C in an elipse does the trick. :(

I don't have a problem with black helmets with no stripes. In fact, I think it's a big improvement for the Force.

I was just wondering what was going on in that picture with the funky helmet stripes. It's kind of funny...

>>I don't have a problem with black helmets with no stripes. In fact, I think it's a big improvement for the Force.

I was just wondering what was going on in that picture with the funky helmet stripes. It's kind of funny...<<

Someone probably beat me to this explanation already, but the stripes are dealing with the Falcons. When they initially came into the league, they had UGA Bulldog colors. GaTech fans complained, so for one season (?) they actually put a gold stripe on their helmets to appease the GT fans. I believe the former AD for UGA now is part of the team's front office, and was there at this press conference, so that's why they put the stripes on there, to jokingly "reach out" to the GT fans who didn't like anything or anyone having to do with UGA...

Thanks, sycamore. that's actually what hrivnak just got done saying.

Let me restate his question for those who missed it.

Was anyone AT the press conference, or did anyone read about the press conference? It would be nice to know more about this colored tape incident.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Thanks, sycamore. that's actually what hrivnak just got done saying.

Let me restate his question for those who missed it.

Was anyone AT the press conference, or did anyone read about the press conference? It would be nice to know more about this colored tape incident.

basically the 'stripes' were in fun, UGa's old coach put on the red stripe, and to counter some guy associated with Tech put on the gold stripe

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

basically the 'stripes' were in fun, UGa's old coach put on the red stripe, and to counter some guy associated with Tech put on the gold stripe

Cool. That makes more sense. I thought Dooley put both stripes on. Now I get it...

Archived