Houston apollos logo/uniform concept

nitroseed

Okay, so in the process of revamping all these uniform concepts I've done in the past, I'll be posting a few here, so watch out for a couple more in the coming days.

This is a logo I did a while back... I forget where the idea for it even came from, but I did it nonetheless. Along with it is a uniform concept I've worked up for it. The problem is that I feel like it needs something else. Maybe a secondary logo or something, but I wanted to get your opinions on its current state and if it needs anything, and if so, what it might need.

EDIT: Sorry, links have been removed due to restructuring of website.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Personally I would put a bit more colour in their, maybe orage or red as a third color??? Always think just blue and yellow together, particularly in a simple design is a bit dull. And some kind of secondary mark would be good too!!

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Nitro...

I'd agree with your assessment that a secondary logo would be of help to the overall package.

Brian in Boston

who are you and what have you done with brian in boston....where is the usual 'atlas shrugged' i expected to read when i saw you posted something? someone get this man to the hospital.

nitro, looks good to me. i like the pointed sleeve striping to match the pants striping...nice work, as usual.

I really like the pants stripe. The only thing I'd change is to put the numbers on the sleeves and use that stripe style on the shoulder. Also, maybe a blue facemask instead of gray.

I don't know if a secondary logo is really needed, though. I think it's clean and cool. If you were to put another logo in there, the hip is the only place I could see it going on the uniform.

I'm looking at this concept and.. well... it completely rocks. I think this is the best overall look i've seen on this board in.. well.. in as long as I care to remember.

I'd leave it the hell alone. After getting the facemask blue, I think you are done.

MAYBE a secondary logo, if you really felt compelled. I see a large H with a slightly smaller A directly on top of it, sharing the crossbar, then using the whitespace of the top of the A and the H to make the bottom of a star. (does that make sense? I can scetch it real quick if you'd like.)

Overall, you rocked it, Nitro. Kick ass work.

It is times like these that I realize how much my stuff sucks. You humiliate me.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I love this concept... it truly is worthy of the Nitroseed legend.

I for one think no secondary mark is necessary, apart from perhaps as a promotional tool or on fan merchandise. What would it look like if the Apollos wordmark was placed perpendicular to the pant striping just below the waist at the hip? Something to ponder perhaps... might look really dumb, but I have to find something to suggest. :D

It looks a wee bit like the Chargers' current duds. Not the helmet, the helmet's cool and distinctive, but just move the sleeve striping on your uniform above the numbers, and you've essentially got the Charger's unis (with lightning bolts that have been ironed out to be smooth sided). Does anybody else see this?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Instead of blue, have you tried it with the facemask either gold or the orange color in the logos? A blue facemask seems a little too much like the chargers.

I agree with SyPhi, maybe the "A" logo could be at the top of the pant stripe, similar to the Panthers. Overall, awesome job.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I love this concept... it truly is worthy of the Nitroseed legend.

Amen to that!                 You da man!  :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

Nitroseed.

In the main logo you what looks to be a yellow star in the middle to make the A.

My suggestion is to make your sleeve striping and pants strip carry that star look. Maybe move the sleeve striping to the top of shoulder and number below that.  

Just a suggestion, but I do like it the way it is. Simple and clean, definitely a nice loook.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

I'd say leave it alone, looks like you nailed down a solid look.

If you want to change anything, perhaps you can replace the arched line under the wordmark with the stylized star from the logo. You might be able to work that star into the striping, but I think that would be overkill. Anything more than a VERY minor tweak could take away from perfection.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Archived