Houston apollos logo/uniform concept

nitroseed

Please. For the love of all that is holy. Please do not add red. This concept is super strong. Leave it alone.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I think the only thing this concept needs is a real team to use it!  Perhaps the AFL will make a third attempt to put a team in Houston.  If so - this should be brought to the immediate attention of whomever the principals of the team are.

By force if necessary.

can't wait to see your new site nitro! i need your logos like daily bread! :D jk

that's one of my favourite logos of yours coz it's pretty simple and i'm into that.

As for an alternate I'd use some kind of stylized H.. But make it really simple, cause a secondary logo that looks busier than the primary is just odd to me

keep it up

Please. For the love of all that is holy. Please do not add red. This concept is super strong. Leave it alone.

I would only add red as an accent, just because personally I think blue and yellow together needs another color in there to add some contrast. But this concept is indeed superstrong

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I like it as is, if that means anything.

Unless I'm mistaken, didn't you already come up with an alt logo for this?  Are you merely asking whether it needs to be on the uni?

I'm really starting to tire of the Bengals, Seahawks, type notion that when you can't think of anything, put a logo on the sleeve.  For one, sleeves are getting smaller all the time.  Two, its very hard to see and just looks cluttered with the manufacturers logo.  It'll be interesting to see where uniforms go from here, what the next great solution is for carrying through consistent themes so unis function as a whole.  Overall, I am huge fan of branchin out a team ident with alt logos and flexible uses.  I just dont like them on the sleeve/shoulder all the time.

Back to the Apollos though.  Dont add red.  Looks terrific.

The Official Cheese-Filled Snack of NASCAR

Actually, no, I did two secondaries for a team called the Houston Orbit. Similar theme, different team. I'm working on adding a secondary to this package. But, as you said, the sleeve doesn't necessarily need anything else. The logo may just stand alone.

I have always liked this particular design. I was never huge fan of the "Apollos" name, but this design makes it work.

I am in constant awe of Nitro's work...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Okay, I finally got this secondary banged out with the help of Greg (whchoclte), who did a rough sketch of this final design based off of a design I had going. I added a few things and tweaked it a bit to make the final product you are about to see. Many props to him for his help.

Here's the concept first:

As you'll see, there is a horse in this design. Don't panic. What I chose to do was pay homage to the history of the Apollo XIII mission (based out of Houston), so I looked at the patch used during that event. Apollo, the sun god in mythology, flew across the sky on a chariot led by horses. In the patch, you'll see three horses, one of which I based the form of this design on (the one on the far right). Even if the symbolism of the Apollo XIII's history doesn't come through, it is still a horse and it is still Texas, so I believe it functions on both levels, whether you make the connection or not.

What's funny is this could almost pass for a primary and the original mark I used for the main mark could function as the secondary. Either way, I think it still works. Without further ado...

EDIT: Sorry, links have been removed due to restructuring of website.

Let me clarify... First of all, the thing on the right is not a coin, it's a patch--specifically the patch the astronauts wore during the Apollo XIII mission. Secondly, I didn't design the patch--NASA or someone involved with them did. I merely put it there to show how I used the horse on the right as a reference point.

In other words, no, I'm not starting my own currency. ;)

Wow.

Sweet.

I expecially like the A in the horse's mane.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived