Buffalo Bills Logo Concept

Nick in England

Hey - I'd welcome some C&C on a Bills logo I have been working on. My concept is by no means perfect, and needs some work, but I'm happy enough to share as a first attempt.

The logo is inspired by the Bills current logo because I didn't want to stray too far from the original, but I wanted to modernise the look of the logo. Secondly, and more fundamentally, it is based on a sculpture I have seen in many places around buffalo. For some reason, Buffalos in Buffalo seem to be sculpted with wings (I think Buffalo Wings are the connection - seems obvious now I typed it!)... Anyway, the key adaptation is to replace the red 'flash' with a red wing.

See what you think:

bills-redesign.gif

Also note the wordmark is just for show. I put no thought into it.

4226186501_9e0cccf054_t.jpg

Looks kinda like a horned dog wearing a cape...

Plus I can't really tell where the head is. Try adding more defineable features.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Well, not too bad for a first attempt. I like the cleanness and simplicity of it, which is not always the case for first attempts. However, the features do need to be defined better, especially the head. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Pok-e-mon, but you should be able to get it defined easy enough. It already does have that sculpture look to it, so you are on the right track there.

LT

i cant really see whats going on? does he have a dog nose, and a beadle hand?

i see what youre doing, but you might want to use the original logo a little more anatomically speaking.

Is it supposed to be a 3-d version of the current logo? If so, the red "motion" mark looks out of place and doesn't work here in my opinion. It looks like a red wing...which you mentioned...but just doesn't work to me, unless it is ACTUALLY a wing, like bird or angel wings...not even sure that would work though, too far-fetched.

I think you can go somewhere with this, but try to go another direction...

Pokemon!

needs humor

no, needs relevence to today. is pokemon even still around?

as for the concept...like others have said the head needs lots of work. it almost appears to have 2 heads. also, the outline around it is very uneven and takes away from the concept in this case. I would make the shape the way u want it (including the new head) then select all the red and ble shapes and then do Object>Path>Offset Path and try different measurements until you find one that works, then turn the offset shapes to black. i could see this turning out good, just keep working at it.

What I'm seeing is a slightly melted bison with a viking horn jabbed into its back. It needs to be simplified to no end for it to be effective.

VmWIn6B.png

Well, not too bad for a first attempt. I like the cleanness and simplicity of it, which is not always the case for first attempts. However, the features do need to be defined better, especially the head. The first thing I thought of when I saw it was Pok-e-mon, but you should be able to get it defined easy enough. It already does have that sculpture look to it, so you are on the right track there.

LT

hahahaha

Barney the Dinosaur's distant cousin.

This is very hard to tell what this is.

hahahahahaha

grimace.jpg

?

hahahahahahaha :D:shocked:

looks like a fetus but still better than the buffaslug

ATL

Archived