MLB Changes date of 07WS Game 1

Pharos04

www.mlb.com

Major League Baseball announced its schedule for the 2007 postseason today.

The 2007 World Series is scheduled to begin on Wednesday, October 24th. The World Series will continue to follow a 2-3-2 format, meaning that off-days will be scheduled on the ensuing Friday and Tuesday. FOX Sports will broadcast the 103rd World Series.

The 2007 postseason will begin on Wednesday, October 3rd, with three of the four Division Series in play. One of the two American League Division Series will begin on Thursday, October 4th. Any decisive fifth game of a Division Series will now be preceded by an off-day. All Division Series games, which will continue to follow a 2-2-1 format, will predominantly be airing on TBS with additional games on sister network TNT.

The National League Championship Series, to be broadcast by TBS, is scheduled to start on Thursday, October 11th, with the American League Championship Series beginning the following day, Friday, October 12th on FOX. Each series will continue to follow a 2-3-2 format.

"Major League Baseball is pleased to make these amendments to the postseason schedule," said MLB President & Chief Operating Officer Bob DuPuy. "Starting the World Series in the middle of the week, when television viewership is historically higher, will provide more fans with the opportunity to watch the games. The additional off-days throughout the postseason will give us greater flexibility to facilitate travel and protect against poor weather."

2007 MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL POSTSEASON SCHEDULE

Series Date Network

NLDS A Game 1 Wed., Oct. 3 TBS

NLDS B Game 1 Wed., Oct. 3 TBS

ALDS B Game 1 Wed., Oct. 3 TBS

NLDS A Game 2 Thurs., Oct. 4 TBS

NLDS B Game 2 Thurs., Oct. 4 TBS

ALDS A Game 1 Thurs., Oct. 4 TBS

ALDS A Game 2 Fri., Oct. 5 TBS

ALDS B Game 2 Fri., Oct. 5 TBS

NLDS A Game 3 Sat., Oct. 6 TBS

NLDS B Game 3 Sat., Oct. 6 TBS

ALDS A Game 3 Sun., Oct. 7 TBS/TNT

ALDS B Game 3 Sun., Oct. 7 TBS/TNT

NLDS A Game 4 Sun., Oct. 7 TBS/TNT

NLDS B Game 4 Sun., Oct. 7 TBS/TNT

ALDS A Game 4 Mon., Oct. 8 TBS

ALDS B Game 4 Mon., Oct. 8 TBS

NLDS A Game 5 Tues., Oct. 9 TBS

NLDS B Game 5 Tues., Oct. 9 TBS

ALDS A Game 5 Wed., Oct. 10 TBS

ALDS B Game 5 Wed., Oct. 10 TBS

NLCS Game 1 Thurs., Oct. 11 TBS

NLCS Game 2 Fri., Oct. 12 TBS

ALCS Game 1 Fri., Oct. 12 FOX

ALCS Game 2 Sat., Oct. 13 FOX

NLCS Game 3 Sun., Oct. 14 TBS

ALCS Game 3 Mon., Oct. 15 FOX

NLCS Game 4 Mon., Oct. 15 TBS

ALCS Game 4 Tues., Oct. 16 FOX

NLCS Game 5 Wed., Oct. 17 TBS

ALCS Game 5 Thurs., Oct. 18 FOX

NLCS Game 6 Fri., Oct. 19 TBS

ALCS Game 6 Sat., Oct. 20 FOX

NLCS Game 7 Sat., Oct. 20 TBS

ALCS Game 7 Sun., Oct. 21 FOX

WS Game 1 Wed., Oct. 24 FOX

WS Game 2 Thurs., Oct. 25 FOX

WS Game 3 Sat., Oct. 27 FOX

WS Game 4 Sun., Oct. 28 FOX

WS Game 5 Mon., Oct. 29 FOX

WS Game 6 Wed., Oct. 31 FOX

WS Game 7 Thurs., Nov. 1 FOX

Italics indicate "if necessary."

So Game 7 (if necessary) will be played in November. Anybody know why MLB is doing this now?

What if each series ends early? Do they push up dates?

Unlikely. The networks have probably already filled in the other dates with their regular programming. In addition, MLB has never moved up starts in the past (or at least it hasn't done so in the recent past).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

They cant do it.

That means no games on Friday or Sunday, and Weekend Summer Games sell more tickets then any other time.

I guess your right NJ, I was just thinkingthat they could get higher rating on the weekend. Case in point, I'm thinking of leaving early at work on July 10 so I could see the All-Star game.

Also, I think that the team with the best record should host the World Series not the ASG winners.

They cant do it.

That means no games on Friday or Sunday, and Weekend Summer Games sell more tickets then any other time.

I guess your right NJ, I was just thinkingthat they could get higher rating on the weekend. Case in point, I'm thinking of leaving early at work on July 10 so I could see the All-Star game.

Also, I think that the team with the best record should host the World Series not the ASG winners.

Agreed letting an exhibition decide it is stupid

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived