England Rugby World Cup Kit

Davidson

what do people think?

to be perfectly honest, im a firm believer that england should be in navy socks. they have been for 120 odd years and i think its wrong to change now. unsymetrical strips belong in football.

p_new_kit_strettle_07.jpg

2007_shirt_splash.jpg

poor excuse for a rugby shirt if you ask me. come on nike, you're doing such beautiful things with football kits, it's time to step it up with the rest of your teamwear.

No doubt... these kits seem to be very generic Nike--don't they have football compression shirts that look like this?

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

thats nothing mate. you want to check out the all black boys. hayman, collins, nonu and co. its the polynesians mate. they dont grow em small.

i played my rugby for otago in new zealand aswell as playing for south west england. i can tell you for fact that playing colts (u18) in otago with the farm boys, maori and the big samoans is tougher than playing senior footy in europe. those kids are monsters!

i cant remember the last time they wore an away jersey in 15 a side? they did in the 1991 world cup against the usa or something? the only other team would have been fiji i guess, as they also wear white.

I don't like it. should be a much better, simpler design for England.

and I also don't like the move to tighter shirts with stretchier material...if it's not indestructible, it's not a flipping rugby shirt!

harperdc.gif

it sort of does in those images. it looks less like that in others. its the george cross, the english flag. well at least on the white jersey it is. its more like the danish or swiss on the red jersey which seems pretty naiive to me.

those little crosses have been a recurring theme in english sports kits of the last few years.

2007_shirt_splash.jpg

Umbro called, they want their shoulder-cross design back. <_<

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Thanks for those links scratcher. The original images looked black for the home shirt which was a shocker.

To be honest, rugby is a hard physical man's game. (Though the ladies play and might actually be rougher :o). It needs clean jerseys with simple lines to maintain a rugged look. These poncy curved stripes look like they belong on a netball team. Terrible.

liverpool-1.png

Archived