Odd jersey choices

rinkraider

The things I've seen at Minnesota Wild games, both clever and horrid, could fill a notebook.

Going from memory I've seen...

- "SHUTTERBABE"

- #8 jersey (Brent Burns wears #8 for the Wild) with "MR. BURNS" on the back and a round patch with a picture of Mr. Burns from "The Simpsons" sewn on the chest. Uh, yea, great. :blink:

- one of my least favorites, a #37 jersey (Wes Walz number) with "WALZ WITH ME" for the name. :mad:

- I have seen some black and red practice jerseys all decked out in official lettering with the usual #10 GABORIK and #35 FERNANDEZ that actually looked really sharp.

- Some dude name "TOUEY" that had 2E for the number. The "E" was a backwards "3". Clever enough. If Jordin Tootoo can wear "22", why not?

- Then there's always the usual "69" fat guys running around. Can't recall the stellar choices for names though.

- Some unfortunate guy ran out early, and I mean early, in season one and got #20 SUSHINSKI on his Wild jersey. He lasted 30 games before getting homesick and pressure from his wife before heading back to Russia permanently. Oops.

My all time favorite though was back in the 80's when the North Stars were playing the Blackhawks a guy was walking around Met Center in a Blackhawks jersey all decked out in an obscene...

#13 FUKOV jersey complete with the Russian "K" for captain. Well done, man. Well done. (It's NOT pronounced Foo-kov, either kids)

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am proud owner of a Red Sox away Malone #16 jersey...

See if you youngins can tell me who Sammy "Mayday" Malone is.

I've worn it to a Red Sox game, but nobody said anything.

I also plan on buying a Devil Rays jersey and putting a Chico Bail Bonds logo on the back.

If you're going to personalize a jersey with something other than a player's name, it better be damn funny. Otherwise, it just looks stupid.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

i went to the first Nationals game ever, in Philly, and i saw some chick wearing a Schneider authentic, now im a pretty avid Nats fan now, but then i didnt know alot of the players on the team, certainly not enough to wear an authentic jersey.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

When I was 13, I found an authentic Mariners jersey on sale. (This was 1989 for those who care, and I live 3,000 miles from Seattle - which means authentics weren't as plentiful as they are today and Mariners gear was next to impossible to find.) For no good reason, I was a huge Mariners fan (and I could never be accused of being a frontrunner!), and I got it customized with "VIZQUEL/#13". At the time, Omar Vizquel was an all glove/no hit shortstop who was scraping out a modest start to his career in the media outpost in the Pacific Northwest that most of the country didn't see in the pre-Internet/cable saturation age I was living in.

Now that Omar's turned 40 and is still playing great shortstop, and may be looking at a Hall of Fame career, I don't feel even a little silly that I have 3 Omar gamers (M's, Indians, Giants... which gave me a mandate to buy the best-looking jersey in MLB). I like to think I was way ahead of the curve.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

At a Red Wings playoff game earlier this year, I saw someone with a #16 Vladimir Konstantinov jersey, but on the back, it said "Vladiator". I loved it.

I have an authentic Konstantinov jersey...miss that guy, him and Kaspy were some crazy euro d-men. Kaspy's still around, just not effective anymore and we all know about VK.

The weirdest jersey i have name wise is an Alek Stojanov Penguin jersey...its authentic and a really really bad gag gift from a friend.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

i know somebody on my block that has a sabres goat head era jersey, customized 'Choke' and 99 for the number. my favorite though is an islanders home jersey customized 'Fuchswell' and 3. I thought it was one of those immature sex names until i met the guy who said it was his real name. his name was Richard and he works in maintanence.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

i my favorite though is an islanders home jersey customized 'Fuchswell' and 3. I thought it was one of those immature sex names until i met the guy who said it was his real name. his name was Richard and he works in maintanence.

So his name is Dick Fuchswell? that's classic.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I've seen Charlestown Chiefs jerseys with a "16" on the left sleeve, "18" on the right, and "HANSON 17" on the back.

First off, they didn't wear nameplates. Secondly, pick one.

My friend wears his on a regular basis. It's awful. Another one of my friends thought about putting "Nineteen" on a Red Wings jersey, with 97 as the number, alog with all the patches and whatnot for the 97 season. I was pleased to hear he went with Darren McCarty instead.

I was at my local Starbucks and saw a guy with a Dolphins jersey, number 80, and on the back it said "JETS SUCK".

That reminds me of an Eagles fan I saw on TV wearing an Owens jersey with a sign over the nameplate saying "FOR SALE BY OWNER".

Not odd, but gave me a few chuckles.

I've seen Charlestown Chiefs jerseys with a "16" on the left sleeve, "18" on the right, and "HANSON 17" on the back.

First off, they didn't wear nameplates. Secondly, pick one.

My friend wears his on a regular basis. It's awful. Another one of my friends thought about putting "Nineteen" on a Red Wings jersey, with 97 as the number, alog with all the patches and whatnot for the 97 season. I was pleased to hear he went with Darren McCarty instead.

Damn stinking McCarty, *mumbles* :evil:

i have a Konowalchuk Caps jersey...obscure Caps captain, and my wife has an Avs Rene Corbet jersey. i dont wear the Konowalchuk jersey all that often, the name is way too damn long, but i loved that guy. had to retire due to heart problems last year.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

That, my friend, is impressive. And your right, the youngins' missed it. Kudos.

That, my friend, is impressive. And your right, the youngins' missed it. Kudos.

That's the best I've heard only because Dutch Kincaide's name never appeared on the back of his Yankee jersey. :D

"May Day" Malone and his slider of death. If I saw you wearing that at a game, the beer (bottled water if you want the full Malone effect) would be on me.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

i have a Konowalchuk Caps jersey...obscure Caps captain, and my wife has an Avs Rene Corbet jersey. i dont wear the Konowalchuk jersey all that often, the name is way too damn long, but i loved that guy. had to retire due to heart problems last year.

I remember him from his Avs playing days. Sad that he was forced into retirement like that.

Archived