NJ Devils Concept

koizim

While looking through my files, I found this:

njdevilsalternatejerseyzl4.png

Can't remember when I made it, but I'm pretty sure this is RC's template.

Of course C&C is much appreciated and creative insults are OK, too.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

This jerseys illustrates my fear about the EDGE jersey. Don't get me wrong, its very nice looking, but, it seems very templated. It looks to me a little like a practice jersey. Now, there are nice practice jerseys, but, I'm afraid many jerseys will look like that.

jman077.png

Sig courtesy of LEWJ

Yeah I was afraid it looked a little paint-by-numbers-y, but I figured it looked OK and was better than some other recent concepts.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Yeah it's templated, but it's not that bad. Could use shoulder patches, but other than that not bad.

BTW I love your avatar, not sure if you changed it recently though, you may have had it for a while. "Could be a crack head! Got hold of the wrong stuff!" Sorry...

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Here's the rest of the set. I wasn't 100% feelin the different colored logo on each jersey and the Captain mark is kind out there, but what the hell.

njdevilsawayjerseyforsuvl2.png

Meh.

Technical stuff #1: Captain/alternate designations go on the other shoulder.

Technical stuff #2: your TV numbers on the sleeves are all :censored:ed up. Some are upside down, some aren't. Details, my man, details...

Conceptual stuff #1: it's too black and white. The Jersey Devil's often described as being red, yet there's only a little red in 1 of the 3 sweaters. The old green was better than the black anyway, but black is acceptable so long as it isn't the primary color. Which it is in your concept.

Conceptual stuff #2: I like the tail on the captain's "C". Horns on the "A" would be cool, or something like it. It's a clever way to think outside the box without being ridiculous. The Flames did it a while back, and it is a very nice touch that few teams could pull off. You've shown the Devils could be one of them.

Conceptual stuff #3: in addition to being too much black/white and not enough red, it comes off as more of a practice sweater than something that would be used in a game. It needs something more than what you've got. Stripes would work far better than the geometric blocks that course arbitrarily through your sweater, and a little contrast color (red or white, depending on the sweater... though it could be black as well) would separate the large areas of color better; here, they just sorta blend into each other, with no sharp delineation between them.

General point #1: before you go trashing patsox, keep in mind you haven't exactly proven yourself to be Rembrandt around here, either. And from those of us who've been around long enough NOT to have 5 digits in our member numbers, it generally doesn't reflect very well on a new member to go calling out others when he has a.) yet to prove himself here, both as a contributor and as a designer, and b.) is largely unknown by the community at large and hasn't really built up enough collateral to fall back on if he decides to start an unnecessary flame war. I am not saying patsox is Michelangelo reincarnated, and I am not defending him, as both his designs and his attitude leave a lot to be desired IMO. He's certainly got his share of detractors, but you make yourself look foolish taking a swipe at him when you don't know where a lot of the animosity towards him comes from, and doesn't involve you.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I actually have been involved in a number of flame wars and, as you said, they aren't fun. Also, as you stated, it was a lame move with the dis.

In other news, thanks for all the C&C, guys! Updated white jersey and added red jersey coming soon. Also I'm working on a secondary logo, but suggestions are always welcome.

I've switched up some stuff on the white away jersey, but I can't decide between these 2 designs. Also, VitaminD, how do I get the TV numbers to be correct (i.e. what should I rotate)?

Here are the jerseys:

njdevilsawayjersey2forsjf0.png

njdevilsawayjerseyforsupu3.png

Which one do you all prefer?

I actually have been involved in a number of flame wars and, as you said, they aren't fun. Also, as you stated, it was a lame move with the dis.

Already in the rearview. Just something that got my attention, that's all. It's not worth :censored:ing all over your rep while you're still meeting a lot of the people here, many of whom don't like noobs simply necause they're noobs. It can be very hard to shed a poor reputation once people make up their minds about you here. Play on.

Also, VitaminD, how do I get the TV numbers to be correct (i.e. what should I rotate)?

Imagine yourself wearing the sweater. For the numbers to be legible, they must be oriented top-to-bottom on the sleeve. So the tops of the numbers are closer to the collar, and the bottoms are closer to the wrist. In your most recent revision, the bottoms of your numbers are closer to the collar. In this case, move the left sleeve numbers to the right sleeve, and vice versa, and you'll be all set.

For 2-digit numbers, they always read left to right across the shoulders. For the left sleeve, the first digit is toward the front. For the right sleeve, the first digit is toward the back. (To put it another way: looking at the front of the sweater, you see the first digit on the left sleeve and the second digit on the right sleeve.) And however you did them on the front view of the sweater, do the same on the back. See below:

numbering.png

Which one do you all prefer?

Neither, if the fronts are matched with the backs. This looks like the NHL equivalent of the ill-fated "bib" jersey that BYU broke out for football a couple of seasons back. It's illegal. There's too much white in the sweater for it to be worn as the "dark" jersey, and there's too much team color to be worn as the "white" jersey. What would the opposition wear? Half the sweater is white, the other half is dark. You have to go one or the other; a half-white/half-dark sweater will never see the ice. You can also try what the Toronto Raptors did and go dark and dark... but I wouldn't advise it. ^_^

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Thanks for your suggestions and instructions! Here's my revised away jersey: njdevilsawayjerseyforsujl7.png

Archived