Home Whites and Road Grays

nateoxford

I agree with you on the Royals, and that at least a couple of teams ought to bring back the powder blue roads (Royals and Phillies, this means you).

I usually agree with much of what you say and actually enjoy your unique analysis on design...buuuuuut I think the Royals are just about the ONLY team that could or should pull this thing off. Seeing the Phillies again in Light Blue or any other team for that matter would make me gouge my eyes out with a dull rusty spoon.

I agree with you on the Royals, and that at least a couple of teams ought to bring back the powder blue roads (Royals and Phillies, this means you).

I think the Royals are just about the ONLY team that could or should pull this thing off. Seeing the Phillies again in Light Blue or any other team for that matter would make me gouge my eyes out with a dull rusty spoon.

Aw, man. I can see gouging one's eyes out, you know to prevent oneself from having to see a horrible sight. That accomplishes a legitimate goal. But doing it with a dull rusty spoon? That's just masochism. ^_^

But seriously, why the hate for light blue as a baseball road uniform color? Would you perform ocular seppuku for other colors too, or just for light blue?

20082614447.png

I usually agree with much of what you say and actually enjoy your unique analysis on design...buuuuuut I think the Royals are just about the ONLY team that could or should pull this thing off. Seeing the Phillies again in Light Blue or any other team for that matter would make me gouge my eyes out with a dull rusty spoon.

Phillies? :censored: no.

Royals? Absolutely.

Other teams? Hello, Toronto! Bonus to The M's if they ever ditched the navy/teal set and reverted back to their royal/athletic gold pairing, which looked good with powder blue roadies.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I, for one, would prefer to see the Pirates in the banana garb, complete with the pillbox caps, over that ketchup-and-smut "friday" alt mess they have now...but then, yellow IS my favorite color, so...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I, for one, would prefer to see the Pirates in the banana garb, complete with the pillbox caps, over that ketchup-and-smut "friday" alt mess they have now...but then, yellow IS my favorite color, so...

Totally with you there. Hell, go the whole 9, and make everyone rock the Kent Tekulve PhotoGray shades.

Ketchup & smut... that makes me want to go fire up the grill and get some burgers on there right quick, then top 'em with ketchup... and smut... Mmm, smut... *drools*

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

2) With a few exceptions, all the teams in the ML have the team name on Home jerseys and the city name on road jerseys.

Hmm...

Well in case someone plays semantics, will say "state" too:

Orioles

Brewers

Phillies

Angels

Those are the only teams without city/state names on their away jerseys?

It's not just the Royals, Blue Jays or Phillies who would look great in powder blues. (And yes, I think the Phils did look wonderful in powder blues.

It was a natural for the Dodgers.

The Brewers looked fantastic, too. In fact, didn't the Seattle Pilots wear powder blue, too?

I liked the Twins in powder blues. I don't know how this particular road uniform would look, though.

The Rangers and Mets, with their royal blue caps and lettering, would also look good.

As for other teams, maybe not. Or maybe so with a handful.

Archived