New Name in the works for Nashville Arena

otherwilds

Predators score naming rights partner; arena rechristened The Sommet Center

By Bill Harless, bharless@nashvillecitypaper.com

May 18, 2007

Sources close to the Nashville Predators said Thursday the professional hockey team will unveil today a multi-year downtown arena naming rights agreement with a Franklin company.

The Nashville Arena, formerly known as the Gaylord Entertainment Center, will be renamed The Sommet Center under the Predators? new agreement with the Franklin, Tenn.-based Sommet Group, a business support-services firm.

The firm was a Predators sponsor during the 2006-2007 hockey season and was the title corporate sponsor of the team?s 2007 run in the playoffs.

http://www.sommetgroup.com/

RobbyBox2.jpg

I wonder how many people here in town actually know how to pronounce Sommet. I know I didn't. Somm-ay sounds tres French.

The local media did a fair amount of kvetching this season about attendance numbers, what with Kansas City apparantly trying to pick off an existing team for their new arena. With all the worrying, I didn't realize that the numbers were up from 2005-06. Their 832 per game increase was the fourth best in the league. I would chalk it up to on-the-ice performance. They were in the top three in the league for much of the season.

You know, say what you will about America. Thirteen bucks still gets you a hell of a load of mice.

I wonder how many people here in town actually know how to pronounce Sommet. I know I didn't. Somm-ay sounds tres French.

The local media did a fair amount of kvetching this season about attendance numbers, what with Kansas City apparantly trying to pick off an existing team for their new arena. With all the worrying, I didn't realize that the numbers were up from 2005-06. Their 832 per game increase was the fourth best in the league. I would chalk it up to on-the-ice performance. They were in the top three in the league for much of the season.

The FRENCH pronunciation would be closer to MET (just stop before the T sounds comes out) than MAY... :flagcanada:

The Center of the Summit would be the Peak, wouldn't it be?

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

The FRENCH pronunciation would be closer to MET (just stop before the T sounds comes out) than MAY... :flagcanada:

The Center of the Summit would be the Peak, wouldn't it be?

Somehow I just can't see a bunch of guys in cowboy hats and boots hopping out of the back of a pickup truck and saying "Hey Y'all know where we can find that there Somme(t) Center?"

I know...I know....its very stereotypical but I just couldn't help it.

anything is an upgrade from the name that theyve had...that was just wrong.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Grow up. Quickly. Please.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

even though the spelling is different for the word... i think sommet/summit is probably having the best week ever in sports... i mean the Sommet Center and the Mid-Con changing their name to Summit... just my observation...

tumblr_liile3w9oT1qdgbiwo1_400.png

The Nashville Arena? How is that wrong?

I think he means the Nashville Arena's other name, the Gaylord Entertainment Center.

Still, don, grow up.

Archived