New York Islanders Rebranding

GFB

use the lighthouse logo and you my friend have perfection.

Ditto that, C2C.

First off - overall, this is gorgeous, top to bottom. And remarkably well-executed with strong attention both to detail and to history.

A few things I noticed:

1. The primary logo/wordmark looks fairly different from the crest logo. The lettering in the primary marks is upright, but the "NY" crest is slanted slightly. The wordmark uses lowercase "n"s and a "y" that lookys like a goalpost, but the shapes of these respective letters in the crest are entirely different. That appears to be a grave lack of uniformity from the primary marks to what fans will see players wearing on the ice. (If it matters, the uppercase "N" and hockey-stick "Y" are the better choices.)

The font used in the wordmark is a little ambiguous. "NEW YORK ISLANDERS" could easily be read as "NEW YOAH ISLANOEAS". Compare the "A" and "R" in "ISLANDERS" especially, as well as the "D" and "O". Given how far this font is from the logo crest, a reworking of the wordmark may be in order. It really doesn't add much to the theme or the concept.

2. Without the Montauk lighthouse, the "NY" looks a little plain. At least the Isles kept the map of Long Island beneath the "NY" in the present logo. Seeing how the other team in the market likes to refer to themselves as "NYR", the lighthouse is a nice embellishment, all things being equal. Were this my concept, I'd scrap the oval and superimpose the "NY" on the map of Long Island, with or without the lighthouse.

3. I love the inclusion of the 4 title stripes, but the way the stripes are paired into 2 pairs creates a 5th stripe in the color of the body of the sweater. As the Isles use the stripes currently, there's less confusion, as the 4 stripes are equally spread apart from each other.

Like I said... my critiques notwithstanding, this is an incredible start. I am definitely looking forward to the rest of the project.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i really like these. awesome work. just a thought after reading VitaminD's post about the letters and stuff, the lighthouse kind of represents an I, so in sort of a Blue Jackets way the logo says "NYI". really neat stuff. cant wait to see more teams.

Nice, i'd like to see what you could come up with for Vancouver, Capitals and a few other teams that are going for a new look.

But for the love of god, cut the whale out of the picture for vancouver, if you do, PLEASE.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I love it tremendously, especially the pants striping.

Two things I would fix though:

1. The striping on the orange jersey should match the striping on the other jerseys. As it is, it looks too close to the rival New Jersey Devils.

2. The only logos you should use are the ones with the lighthouses in there. The plain NY logo on the circle is very ambiguous.

Other than that, I love them and would easily but one.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Damn, homie.

That's some nice stuff you got there! I mean...REAL NICE!

I'm surprise no one raised a big stink about using navy instead of a "truer" blue, but that'd be splitting hairs at this juncture. And doesn't that dropshadow effect thing just make the whole thing "jump off the page at you"?? ;)

Imma definitely be keeping an eye out for the rest of this project fo' sho!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

This concept is simply stunning! The logos are possibly the best I have ever seen for a hockey concept, and while the wordmark is a little hard to read, it is still fantastic. My favorite part of the whole concept is the lighthouse, which actually is the perfect Long Island image. A+

The jerseys are clean and simple, and I like how the home and away have four stripes, sticking to the 4 vibe. On the alternate, the orange is cool, but I would change the crest rather than the striping. Also, the primary logo should be used somewhere. Maybe you should try to use the tertiary on the home and away, and the primary on the alternate, with the secondary as a constant shoulder patch. That, in my opinion, would look fantastic. A-

Overall: A

Hey VitaminD you said you will be "Rebranding the NHL". Will you be doing others teams as well? If so who do you have coming up next?

It's not my concept, nor my series. Full credit should be given to Ghetto Farm Boy; this is his joint. I am just like you - an impressed observer, patiently awaiting more. :D

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

I really like these. If these were real, I think I'd have to pick them all up, they are that good. The only suggestion I have is the numbers. I think they look good, I would love to see them with italic numbers, sorta like what the Predators have, but more "jagged" but in a modern way to match the "NY" logo.

SEAsig.png

YES!!! Finally something new. That is simply amazing. It would fit them soo well. If they were to get a new rink and what not then this would be a PERFECT update for them. Incredible job!!! I cant wait to see the rest of the teams!!

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Archived