Cincinnati Jungle Kats

Sec19Row53

I just looked the team up and found out they are owned by the Bengals' Sam Adams, Ken Griffey Jr, and the Reds medical director.

Sam Adams is no longer the property of the Cincinnati Bengals. :D

About the Kats...uh...yeah, when did Cincinnati become "kitty city"?

Off of the top of my head I can think of two teams that have had designs on the front of the helmet - Wisconsin in the 60s, they wore the throwbacks two years ago with the W on the front and Miami University had an indian guy with a tomahawk on the front of their helmets as well.

I love front-of-the-helmet designs if for nothing else than their originality. Plus, the all-time best helmet ever in the history of the universe was a front design:

iowa.jpg

When he was still a Bengal Sam Adams talked with Bengals owner Mike Brown about naming the AF2 team after the NFL team. The Jungle Kats play at US Bank Arena and even have an Ocho Cinco Bobblehead night planned

I think he's referring to the teeth on the bumper itself, not just the front-of-helmet design.

Ahhhh. Now I see what he meant. However the lower teeth contrast poorly and you have to be that close to the helmet to see it. The helmet is very odd overall. Maybe I should see it in person but the closest af2 team is Tulsa and I don't think they play Cincinnati.

Overall, I don't know if the uniforms are so bad. Yeah, cut down the number of stripes on the sleeves; that would be good. What strikes me is how white the uniform appears to be. Maybe because there's no trim to offset the starkness between the black and the white.

Overall, I don't know if the uniforms are so bad. Yeah, cut down the number of stripes on the sleeves; that would be good. What strikes me is how white the uniform appears to be. Maybe because there's no trim to offset the starkness between the black and the white.

As mentioned earlier, there IS Gray trim on the numbers and on the stripes.

Asinine name? Check!

C'mon BiB. They're in Cincinnati, owned by a (now former) Bengal. The Bengals call their stadium the Jungle. While I understand that this isn't a "normal" team name, it has a decent explanation. At elast they didn't call them the Jungle Katz.

And as Gothamite pointed out, iowahoo, the bumper refers to the "nameplate" just above the helmet.

I just looked the team up and found out they are owned by the Bengals' Sam Adams, Ken Griffey Jr, and the Reds medical director.

I think it could have gotten worse. Much worse. At least it is not another template, less piping than nowadays usual and a nice idea to use the bumper sticker. Well, the design is not too fancy, but not that bad either. Just compare it to the weird teams that play af2.

By the way... Does anyone know how many teams Sam Adams owns? Or has he sold his other shares?

Archived