2004 minor league baseball changes

TruColor

Sorry if I can't reveal too much, but here's a list of the affiliated minor league logo and/or uniform changes for 2004:

Albuquerque Isotopes  

Boise Hawks  

Buffalo Bisons (UNVEILING NEW CAP LOGOS 2/7/04)

Charlotte Knights  

Clearwater Threshers (replaces Clearwater Phillies)  

Dunedin Blue Jays  

Durham Bulls  

Hudson Valley Renegades  

Idaho Falls Chukars (replaces Idaho Falls Padres)  

International League  

Kinston Indians  

Montgomery Biscuits (replaces Orlando Rays)  

Myrtle Beach Pelicans  

New Orleans Zephyrs  

New Haven Ravens (becoming the New Hampshire Fisher Cats)

Round Rock Express  

Salem-Keizer Volcanoes  

Salt Lake Stingers  

South Georgia Waves (TBD)

Swing of the Quad Cities (replaces Quad City River Bandits)  

Trenton Thunder  

Tulsa Drillers (UNVEILING DATE 1/20/04)

I've seen all of these except for South Georgia and New Hampshire.  The only real major logo/color/uniform changes (other than those that we have already discussed on this board) are with New Orleans and Tulsa.  Most of the other changes are minor color tweaks, or slight uniform mods.

Wait'll ya see Tulsa - new funky colors, new logos, wordmarks, etc.

I like 'em.

I/m sorry if no one has mentioned this before, but...

SWING OF THE QUAD CITIES???

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! What is WRONG with people?

BP, did you have anything to do with this?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Could you communicate a big "NO" to them please?

I wish they'd go back to the original logo, a hurricane-type "s". I thought that logo looked incredibly Major League, as opposed to the cyclone-thing they use now.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is the new cap for New Britain....pretty creative making an "N" and a "B" out of an "M"

They actually unveiled those caps last year...I have no idea whether they wore them or not however...

They did. I believe it was a home alternate.

And I'm the proud owner of one - I live about 10 mins from NB Stadium and get to about 15 or so games a season; it's a lot of fun.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I/m sorry if no one has mentioned this before, but...

SWING OF THE QUAD CITIES???

Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick! What is WRONG with people?

BP, did you have anything to do with this?

In the words of Bart Simpson "I didn't do it."

If I had anything to do with it I wouldn't have let them name them "The Swing of the Quad Cities".

It kills me that they would do that, put the name BEFORE the city. And they'll be coming to Cedar Rapids a to play some this year too. I should go check that game out.

And what is a Chukar? That sounds just as bad as the Swing.

But not quite.

sig09.jpg

I heard the Tulsa Drillers are unveiling something like never seen before in professional baseball. Someone told me they are the only Minor League Baseball team to custom dye their uniforms to get a specific color. From what I hear most of their colors aren't used by ANY professional sports team! I can wait to get a cap if what I heard is true! Pantone can you verify this?

Checking...checking...(good thing I have this stuff in a database)...

Certainly the combination of colors hasn't been used (one of the reasons why I like 'em)...but individually, I'll say that two of the colors are unique.  The primary color actually is unique (as far as I can tell), and one of the accent colors is very unique as well.  Mix in two different metallics and Black and White, and you've got yourself an interesting color scheme.

When these are unveiled (I believe tomorrow), I think most of you will like these, but I can't say for certain.  I like them a lot...but then again, I like funky crap.

A couple more hints...I don't understand why they need to custom-dye these uniforms...certainly there are Pantone Textile colors that correspond very nicely with these colors...but then again, I don't really understand how the whole manufacturing process works, and how available all 1,900+ textile colors are for each manufacturer.

One last thing...the Drillers' new road caps are going to be the new trendy color that will be introduced this season by the Toronto Blue Jays - Dark Graphite. A couple of teams are doing this now...

Dark Graphite and non-metallic Gold seem to be the new trendy colors...

(Tulsa's not using that non-metallic Gold however; don't read into that statement)

Archived