Kauffman Stadium renovations

Ez Street

Mark me down as one who thought that it was a special area in a plane for those who got airsick.

Why would you need a special area? They put those little bags in the seatback pockets for that.

.........or just vomit in the lap of the person next to you. Much like Bush Sr. did in Japan.

Mark me down as one who thought that it was a special area in a plane for those who got airsick.

Why would you need a special area? They put those little bags in the seatback pockets for that.

.........or just vomit in the lap of the person next to you. Much like Bush Sr. did in Japan.

vomit.jpg

This could be their advertisement for the improvements to the vomitories. :D

Wikipedia......

Vomitorium

A popular misconception is that the Romans made use of a room called a vomitorium for the express purpose of vomiting between meals to make room for more food. Only a very small minority of the highest classes indulged in the practice of deliberately vomiting. A vomitorium is actually an entirely unrelated architectural feature ? a passage situated below or behind a tier of seats in an amphitheatre, an exit through which the crowds could "spew out" at the end of a show.

I think they can do much better.

It needs to look more timeless, but they added quasi futuristic crap which makes it look like the stadium the Expos almost built...

http://ballparks.com/baseball/national/monbpk.htm

But "timeless" isn't making a park built in 1973, and renovated in 2008, look like it's from 1942.

This is the mindset that has created a league full of wannabe classic parks.

I admire the confidence it takes to buck the trend and allow Kauffman (and newly renovated Comiskey, actually) to stand on its own as a modern building well-designed for watching a baseball game.

Though I have always wanted the Royals to knock down the main outfield fence and put that huge centerfield hill in play.

^

Exactly what I love about the K(except the idea of putting the hill in play). It's a different park from the others. It aesthetically matches Arrowhead next door, that's very cool. The fountains are great, the views are good and it's not trying to be something it's not. All of these upgrades look like they're only going to enhance the fan experience and reinforce existing idiosyncrasies, and are not being done for gimmicks' sake.

Archived