Unused Los Angeles Clippers Logo

LogoHound

I recently came across an unused logo guide for the Clippers. The guide said that it was copyrighted in 1993 by the NBA. Inside it was a new primary and secondary logo. Unfortunately it didn't have any uniforms with it. But since there has been quite a few topics about their logo here, I thought that they should be posted. It's kind of hard to tell but that grey color is a metalic silver like the Mavericks'. Sorry for the poor image quality, my scanner is real old and needs to be replaced.

Well here they are:

Primary

ClippersUnusedPrimaryLogo1993.gif

Secondary

ClippersUnusedSecondaryLogo1993.gif

DucksCupSig.png

ChargersSig4.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They're still better off with their current bland identity than with that piece of garbage. That's just a wave. Where is the clipper? With a unique nickname like theirs, they have an opportunity to have one of the best sets in all of sports, yet their look is so incredibly boring. There's really no excuse for them not to have a killer package centered around a well executed clipper ship logo.

Wow, everything about that logo practically screams "mid-'90s design," doesn't it?

Of course, a few years later, a couple of tweaks, and... voila!

330.gif

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Every year around lottery and draft time I think the Clips are finally going to come out with a logo and a new set of unis that they've been sitting on and that will be state of the art and worthy of Los Angeles. Then I remember their owner is Mr. Laissez-Faire.

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity."

--Abraham Lincoln

Dear god, those absolutely REEK of 1993. The electric orange and teal? And the stupid spikes around the city name that would feature prominently in the Toronto Raptors logo? Yeesh. That thing was probably dated a week after its design.

In this case, the Clips were better served by standing pat. Big time.

Thanks for posting this nice find.

On one hand having a real logo would be an improvement, but that's not a good logo. And because it'd change the colors, that would overall harm their identity.

The Clippers have an identity?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Archived