Note to ESPN: Red Sox and Yankees are NOT the only teams in baseball!

rmackman

Look, I understand when the Sox and Yanks play each other it's a big deal and worth putting on TV. However, when they're not playing each other then you get one or the other. Every game is Yankees or Red Sox or both! Then there's the occasional National League game which will undoubtedly be the New York Mets or Philadelphia Phillies. I mean let's get real, there are plenty more teams in baseball. I would like to watch the Chicago White Sox, the Oakland A's, the Milwaukee Brewers, the Atlanta Braves, the Cleveland Indians, etc. When was the last time you saw the Marlins, Brewers, Reds, Padres, Rangers, or Blue Jays on ESPN? This only leads to more bandwagon Sox and Yankees fans because they really can't watch anything else. :cursing:

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand your anger towards ESPN showing two of the three Sox-Yanks games, but I do offer this.

-Look at where ESPN is located. Right in the middle between Yankee territory and Red Sox territory. Of course it's a big deal for them because it's right in their neighborhood.

-You don't like it? You don't have to watch it. You live in Florida so you should be able to get Marlin games on TV. I know I get the Cardinals on my local Fox Sports affiliate (Sometimes, I also get the Twins), so you should be able to get Marlin games on Fox Sports South or whatever network they are on.

I forgot to mention...when ESPN2 shows minor league games starring Roger Clemens because he's a Yankee...COME ON THERE ARE OTHER GAMES FOR US TO WATCH!!!!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

The Sox and Yanks ARE the only teams in baseball. Hey maybe they should start a west coast Sports Channel w/ a lotta West Coast bias......

Don't make me hate Boston for comments like that when I haven't even visited yet (1 month away!)

spacer.png

They had ~10 mins. of Sportscenter today focusing on the A-Rod slide last night (After seeing it 50 times I concluded it was dirty) Something like this happens every night in the MLB, yet the only one the show is the NYY-BOS rivalry.

I can only see around 2 O's games a year on ESPN, obviously when facing the Sox or Yanks, and it turns into a Jeter or Schilling lovefest.

saBS.png

There are actually 28 other teams, I said the Sox and Yanks.

Whatever, it was still a stupid comment. Also just for the record I NEVER watch baseball on ESPN anymore, or watch ESPN that much at all. It's just becoming so stupid how they have a love fest with East and West coast teams, especially New York and Boston. It's like they actually think the whole country cares about what's going on with the Yankee's and Red Sox's. I couldn't care less about either one of those teams.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I understand your anger towards ESPN showing two of the three Sox-Yanks games, but I do offer this.

-Look at where ESPN is located. Right in the middle between Yankee territory and Red Sox territory. Of course it's a big deal for them because it's right in their neighborhood.

-You don't like it? You don't have to watch it. You live in Florida so you should be able to get Marlin games on TV. I know I get the Cardinals on my local Fox Sports affiliate (Sometimes, I also get the Twins), so you should be able to get Marlin games on Fox Sports South or whatever network they are on.

ESPN is supposed to be a network to give us featured games not yankees/red sox or games featuring either yankees or red sox. i live in the heart of the monster, and i wouldn't mind seeing something other than yankees/red sox.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

ESPN's coverage of all the MLB franchises is as "fair and balanced" as say Fox News and MSNBC's respective coverage of the Bush Administration.

I concur about ESPN and their obsessive coverage. They get all wrapped up in a few teams be it the Yanks and Sox or Pats, Colts and Cowboys and overlook so many other storylines. I get so sick of hearing about DUKE and and UNC during CBB for example. A smaller market team gets 45 seconds of highlights no matter where they are in the standings or how exciting their game was but we get 5 minutes of expert doctors insights on a pimple on Jeter's back, Roger Clemens live from his backyard tossing a chewtoy to his dog or Jerry Jones latest grand scheme for lunch at Disney World.

RobbyBox2.jpg

I completely agree with the bias of ESPN. Here are some examples (as if you didn't already know):

MLB: Yankees, Red Sox

NBA: Spurs, Suns, Mavericks, Pistons

NFL: Colts, Cowboys, Patriots, Terrell Owens

NCAABB: Duke/UNC

Why doesn't ESPN give some love to OTHER teams that are having great seasons. The Indians are in first in the AL Central. Do you hear anything about them? NO! The Cavs are in the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in 15 years. Anything about them? Also NO! It's all about how good Detroit is. And I know these are Cleveland teams only so far, but that's where I am, so it makes me mad to see them completely disregarding a good team. And when College Basketball season rolls back around, I don't want to hear everything about every single Duke player and recruit. And I don't want to hear Dick Vitale go on about how great Coach K is or how Tyler Hansbrough is the greatest athlete ever. So, with that said, DOWN WITH ESPN! For the love of God, the Yankees are like 8 or 9 games back of first!

Dolphins.gif

The Yankees aren't even the best team in New York!

Meet the Mets!

It says complete original Meet The Mets song, but where is the second verse?

I completely agree with the bias of ESPN. Here are some examples (as if you didn't already know):

Why doesn't ESPN give some love to OTHER teams that are having great seasons. The Indians are in first in the AL Central. Do you hear anything about them? NO! The Cavs are in the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time in 15 years. Anything about them? Also NO! It's all about how good Detroit is. And I know these are Cleveland teams only so far, but that's where I am, so it makes me mad to see them completely disregarding a good team. And when College Basketball season rolls back around, I don't want to hear everything about every single Duke player and recruit. And I don't want to hear Dick Vitale go on about how great Coach K is or how Tyler Hansbrough is the greatest athlete ever. So, with that said, DOWN WITH ESPN! For the love of God, the Yankees are like 8 or 9 games back of first!

You are forgetting Lakers and Kobe being ESPN favs

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Yankees aren't even the best team in New York!

Meet the Mets!

It says complete original Meet The Mets song, but where is the second verse?

You are forgetting Lakers and Kobe being ESPN favs

Wow, I can't believe I missed that one. My bad.

Dolphins.gif

Archived