Note to ESPN: Red Sox and Yankees are NOT the only teams in baseball!

rmackman

it reached a new low last night, when on ESPNews there was an announcement at the bottom of the screen when the Yanks scored 6 in an inning. I mean a team scores 6 in an inning early, BIG DEAL, right? THey could've also reported Freddy Lewis' grand slam since its his first ever grand slam, but they continue to be a-holes and report on those 2 teams

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

take hockey for example. The only network that i can get hockey on the national level is Versus. Pitting Versus against ESPN is like pitting Wal-Mart against the local ma and pa retail store. On the National level there needs to be an alternate sports programming network dedicated to sports that can compete with ESPN. I can't get hockey on TBS or TNT. What i'm trying to say, i want more than just games. I want coverage of hockey, shows dedicated to hockey. Its nice to get games but i want a show like NHL2nite to spend 30minutes recapping hockey. Come to think about it, i think the NHL needs an NHL network available like the NFL network is as does MLB and NBA. Right now VS and NBC is about the only place i can get hockey unless i get directv NHL Center Ice.

It's already around, and it's coming to the US soon.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

it reached a new low last night, when on ESPNews there was an announcement at the bottom of the screen when the Yanks scored 6 in an inning. I mean a team scores 6 in an inning early, BIG DEAL, right? THey could've also reported Freddy Lewis' grand slam since its his first ever grand slam, but they continue to be a-holes and report on those 2 teams

Or this morning where I saw them give about 3+ minutes of coverage to the fact that a few batters were hit and another was almost hit in a Yanks-Sox game.

If that happens in another game, it probably gets 15 seconds of coverage max. They build this one up though.

Very annoying.

I understand their motives and all that. So I won't really yell at them for doing it.

It's just that it's annoying and clearly non-balanced coverage.

Not only do we get to watch the Red Sox-Yankees all weekend, Roger Clemens returns monday, so we get to have the Yanks-White Sox on Monday night baseball!!

Yankees fever!1 CATCH IT!.

They're showing the Yankees on ESPN?! That would never happen!

You're YANK-ing my chain, aren't you?

<_<

Might as well rain on this guy's parade....

I was watching ESPNews and they said that Clemens is scratched from Monday's start against Chicago due to a groin injury

Wow... All that money and putting his sorry 40 year old ass through the minors to avoid the Red Sox at all costs only to get a freaking groin injury. No wonder it's Armaggeddon in the Bronx: When was the last time the Yanks were this bad?

The early 90s.

I'm just waiting on Steinbrenner to start the firing game. Pinella's already erupted, now we just need Steinbrenner to start firing eveyrbody involved with the Yankees management for this to be a durn good 1st half of the season.

Atlanta Braves

TBS?

That would be a pretty valid point if TBS wasn't cutting down on the number of Braves games being broadcast. Now, most of the games are on SportSouth and FSN South.

the worst part of that all was. when ESPN would be showing the Braves play, so would TBS. that would alway piss me off.

OhioStateBuckeyesLightBanner.png by RoscoeUA

hailtothechief.png by gingerbreadman

I believe this is the last year that TBS will be showing the Braves for the bulk of the season. Per the new tv contract, TBS gets a Sunday afternoon game of the week in addition to the LDS and an LCS series, but has to give up the Braves. Its a deal very similar to TNT's with the NBA. Coupled with the Braves sale being finalized a few weeks ago, and its good bye Bravos on TBS.

I believe this is the last year that TBS will be showing the Braves for the bulk of the season. Per the new tv contract, TBS gets a Sunday afternoon game of the week in addition to the LDS and an LCS series, but has to give up the Braves. Its a deal very similar to TNT's with the NBA. Coupled with the Braves sale being finalized a few weeks ago, and its good bye Bravos on TBS.

Not quite.

TBS will still air around 70 Braves games in the new deal (may be closer to 60). Instead of all the TBS games being televised nationally, it will just be locally/regionally. TBS will have a nationally-televised game every Sunday, and the Braves can't be shown more than 13 times on the Sunday TBS telecast.

Not quite.

TBS will still air around 70 Braves games in the new deal (may be closer to 60). Instead of all the TBS games being televised nationally, it will just be locally/regionally. TBS will have a nationally-televised game every Sunday, and the Braves can't be shown more than 13 times on the Sunday TBS telecast.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Its a shame honestly, I've had TBS in 6 different states and always thought their coverage wasn't bad at all. I guess this just removes one alternative game that I could watch than the Yankees and Red Sox. At least the Cubs are still on WGN.....for now.

Since Roger Clemens has been scratched from his start on Monday, does this mean they not gonna show the Yankees vs. White Sox on ESPN, or should I say ESPN.Y.C. :D

The coverage on ESPN2 of the Clemens start was beyond retarded.

Yeah, I was hoping to watch the re-air of the Champions League Final last night on ESPN2, and instead got Clemens TV.

I was with you on that. I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned earlier or since. Airing a minor league game over the Champions League is like pre-empting the end of a football game for Heidi. Hence, ESPN may still have millions of viewers but one of them will not be me.

As for the earlier comment about the Orioles not being shown because they aren't any good, they are currently 2.5 games BETTER than the Yankees and I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see them finish ahead of the Yanks by seasons end.

The teams that NEED more attention are the ones mentioned earlier: Cleveland and Milwaukee. Hell, the Padres have won two (dubious) NL West titles in a row and are in a prime position to win their third but at best we might see 5 seconds of highlights and the occasional 10 second mention of Jake Peavy.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I hope TBS National Coverage does that do that lame Home Run song like they do on Braves games.

Tired of hearing it so often when they play the Mets?

I never watch TBS when the Mets play the Braves and Cant If I wanted to Blackout rules.

I just think its very cheesy, and dumb, I would be embarrassed if they did that on SNY.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Joe Simpson, Skip Caray, and Chip Caray, but the guys you're probably thinking of are Skip & Pete Van Wieren.

This is Chip's 2nd year, and Joe & Chip have been doing Braves games for the longest. Chip comes in every now and then from the radio booth and does a game, but it's normally Joe & Chip doing the commentating.

But there was a controversy 4 years ago when Skip & Pete were "fired" from TBS, mainly because the president of TBS felt that they were too biased. He was probably right, but that caused a huge controversy down here. So we partially got Skip back, and Pete's only doing games on the radio.

But there's your answer: Skip Caray & Joe Simpson, and sometimes a random Braves alum. Pretty good duo, IMO.

Archived