Nashville Predators Being Sold?

otherwilds

So according to one local tv station and on the better local sorts radio evening show...

The Nashville Predators have been sold. http://www.newschannel5.com/Global/story.asp?S=6560713

NewsChannel 5 learned that team owner Craig Leipold has reached an agreement with BlackBerry owner Jim Balsillie to sell the team as soon as paperwork can be completed.

Leipold met with the NHL Board of Governors at 2 p.m. Wednesday in New York, and then told his staff of the developments.

Leipold told the Predators' front office personnel that the team will remain in Nashville for at least the next season, but made no promised for the future.

Apparently Leipold met with team officials and staff aproximately 5pm local time and the word has spread thru arena employees to the media.

I cannot appreciate the sport of hockey as much as football or baseball but I do root for the Preds and do not want them to leave. This combined with the potential pending doom that is our Nashville Sounds AAA baseball franchise, pro sports in Music City could be hittting the proverbial sour note and becoming another sad country cry-in-your-beer song.

RobbyBox2.jpg

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont think the Predators would be moving somewhere after the 2007/08 season but let's wait and see what the long term plans for the Predators to remain in Nashville at least before we decide and hope where the Predators ought to land in?

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

"Sorry...the answer we were looking for was Baltimore Skipjacks."

"Ooooooohhh....."

"Yeah, the Baltimore Skipjacks; never would of thought of that eh? Anyways...Dave, you still control the board."

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Dont think the Predators would be moving somewhere after the 2007/08 season but let's wait and see what the long term plans for the Predators to remain in Nashville at least before we decide and hope where the Predators ought to land in?

This scenerio, however, is completely different than, say, Pittsburgh, as that possible sale/move had to do with a poor facility/need for a new building. Nashville has no need for a new facility, as the Nashville Arena/Sommet Center is what, 10 years old? The Preds potential to move is based on lack of fan base (an average of 15,259 - or 23rd in the NHL (and how many of those were given away or discounted heavily?)) despite a team that finished 2nd in the Central (and was in contention for the Presidents Trophy)...

Moose

The Preds potential to move is based on lack of fan base (an average of 15,259 - or 23rd in the NHL (and how many of those were given away or discounted heavily?))

Moose

I obviously cannot speak with 100% accuracy...but from what I understand...alot. My ex worked for a Nashville non-profit company, and the Preds would send them deals for buy one get THREE games free...as far as ticket packages goes. We could go to Preds games ad nauseum whenever I was in town. My ex's friend worked for a seemingly unknown software company in town that got the same treatment.

The Preds did that, AND they would send the company sheets with 6 or so games listed. If you bought 2 tickets to one game...you could get 2 tickets to any game(s) on the list for half price. It was absolutely ridiculous.

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

I cannot appreciate the sport of hockey as much as football or baseball but I do root for the Preds and do not want them to leave. This combined with the potential pending doom that is our Nashville Sounds AAA baseball franchise, pro sports in Music City could be hittting the proverbial sour note and becoming another sad country cry-in-your-beer song.

I think i'm gonna be sick. :puke:

I'm mean if this does happens,this will be a MAJOR setback IMO.

I think i'm gonna be sick. :puke:

I'm mean if this does happens,this will be a MAJOR setback IMO.

Next we can start the recently popular obligatory "Bring Back the Nashville South Stars...Knights...Xpress" threads?

RobbyBox2.jpg

Why can't this guy look for another sports team in general? We already have 6 Canadian hockey teams in this country, but Toronto is the only city that has other sports teams.

I hate the people in this country sometimes when it comes to sports.

nooooooo!!!!!!!!

what the :censored: how am i supposed to see any :censored: hockey in a couple years bye bye quebec nordiques

Kometsdoitagain.jpg

2008 and 2009 BACK 2 BACK Turner Cup Champions FORT WAYNE KOMETS

IM BAAACK!

Why can't this guy look for another sports team in general? We already have 6 Canadian hockey teams in this country, but Toronto is the only city that has other sports teams.

Please leave these boards and never come back.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Preds potential to move is based on lack of fan base (an average of 15,259 - or 23rd in the NHL (and how many of those were given away or discounted heavily?))

Moose

I obviously cannot speak with 100% accuracy...but from what I understand...alot. My ex worked for a Nashville non-profit company, and the Preds would send them deals for buy one get THREE games free...as far as ticket packages goes. We could go to Preds games ad nauseum whenever I was in town. My ex's friend worked for a seemingly unknown software company in town that got the same treatment.

The Preds did that, AND they would send the company sheets with 6 or so games listed. If you bought 2 tickets to one game...you could get 2 tickets to any game(s) on the list for half price. It was absolutely ridiculous.

About 1700 tickets per game were given away for free.

Source: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/v5/content/pdf/NHLweb.pdf

That does not include tickets that were massively discounted.

You too chris creamer, you :censored:ing blow! And your site is full of hockey logos on the front page full of dumb facts no one cares about. I bet if you had more NFL, EPL etc stuff on your main site you'd get way more hits. But since it's full of hockey people outside of Canada probably look at it in confusion and look to sportencyclopedia.

:censored: you!

Chris... as He-man would say:

"I have the power!"

You too chris creamer, you :censored:ing blow! And your site is full of hockey logos on the front page full of dumb facts no one cares about. I bet if you had more NFL, EPL etc stuff on your main site you'd get way more hits. But since it's full of hockey people outside of Canada probably look at it in confusion and look to sportencyclopedia.

O6, thanks for doing that. Now we never have to hear from you again. Break out the champagne!

Does this mean you're leaving?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived