T-Wolves Redesign

HarperK

Both blow the current logo out of the water. Great job.

Exactly. Even with my gripes about the first version (which have already been echoed) this would be a HUGE upgrade over what they have now.

I disagree. The Timberwolves' original logo would be a HUGE upgrade...over both the current one and this. Sorry, the original looks worlds better to me, mostly because it's so much cleaner. There's just no need for all those jagged lines and a gimmicky hidden letter. Give it a better wordmark, and that original would be timeless.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the main thing i'd work on is where the neck cuts off... you kept the rounded edge, from the circle outline on the original logo... if you could find a more natural edge, it would do wonders, in my eyes.

Exactly. Even with my gripes about the first version (which have already been echoed) this would be a HUGE upgrade over what they have now. Since my Bucks FINALLY got smart this past year and went back to the traditional red & green, the T-Wolves are now the NBA team with the biggest need for an identity update.

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=447

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=784

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=3083

http://sportslogos.net/logo.php?lo=ipmey2bn8qgparp4tf89

The Pacers and Clippers don't look nearly as dated as the T-Wolves or the other teams you posted. And while I will say that the Warriors and Hornets are propbably next in line for a redesign, neither of their identities are as sprayed with 1990's tackiness as the T-Wolves.

Ok i think i have the colors set now actually. Im set on keeping the old green as an accent...darkened the current blueish color and added silver as a secondary color.

newtwolves5ve9.png

newtwolves5sb7.png

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

While I think this looks totally sweet, it does look very similar to the Dallas Mavericks colors, and god knows the NBA needs two more teams with the same colors. Though, it does look good enough that it may not really bother me. I'll wait to pass judgement on the issue until the uniforms come out and your completely set on it.

While I think this looks totally sweet, it does look very similar to the Dallas Mavericks colors, and god knows the NBA needs two more teams with the same colors. Though, it does look good enough that it may not really bother me. I'll wait to pass judgement on the issue until the uniforms come out and your completely set on it.

hmm didnt think about that..i might have to tinker with it a bit then.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

This whole logo screams Dallas Mavericks to me a little bit too much, the colors, the way the head is, the hiding of the 'M' in the logo. It isn't that normal people would confuse them, its just that I see the similarities, as do most people on these boards probably. As stated before, I think the neckline from the circle logo needs to be changed, it is quite clearly part of a circle. If you are going to finish the circle, then thats fine, no need to change the neckline. I actually really like this idea for an update, rather than a whole new wolf as some people might want to do. This wolf id distinguished, strong, and scary, but not deadly. Its a good look. I think you should keep the current color scheme, complete with the tree trim green from their uniforms. Either that or drop the black and go blue, green, and silver. No double blues please...those have been done enough. I like how this is looking, and I am clearly a timberwolves fan.

Your design right before this one is awesome, but this one is a downgrade. It seems to me that with this one, you are close to entering Charlotte Bobcats territory. Scrap this one and keep at your previous one. I think the colors are fine, but I definitely won't be opposed to you changing them for reasons already said (the T'Wolves resembling other teams.) The only thing that you should even think about changing, IMO, is some of the jagged lines. I don't think you have to change much, but perhaps tone it down a bit where they can look excessive because it would detract from a great logo.

-E.A.R.

I personally like the royal blue and kelly green colored one. The one with the reduced neckline looks awkward, but the design before it is phenomenal. I think you should go back to the colors of white, royal blue, and kelly green. Possibly a gray or silver in their too, to incorporate some new flavor.

Great job, I'm thoroughly impressed. I'd like to see some more to this package. You know a secondary, wordmark, and possibly uniforms. Keep up the good work man.

yeah... the new neckline makes it look like a football logo, in my eyes.

all i meant with the original neckline was to make it more jagged. the general rounded shape is fine, as long as it's a perfectly round edge, if that makes sense.

just some slight jaggedness would do wonders, for your original neck shape.

lil update using some more suggestions

newtwolves8b.png

and

newtwolves9.png

First one is different, decent, but I'm not really sure about it.

I think the second one is probably the better (as far as the neck goes) of the bunch. But I also kinda liked the silver trim outlining the white. Kinda closed up the logo nicely.

Archived