New Canucks Logo Idea

nwtrailtrekker

Okay, so i took a little time to try to think of a new logo for Vancouver, something that could represent the current and retro era of the canucks, and please the fans (who are heavily toward the blue and green)

but that old logo is a bit boring for todays standards, so...i came up with this,

its made in paint so its not the cleaniest logo ever, but i think i did an adequete job conveying the idea

i'd love your C&C

thanks

canucksnewlogoidea2.png

(p.s. if anyone would like to help by vectoring this i'd be very pleased)

I think the problem is that the hockey stick needs to be longer, but I love the idea, and personally think it could work if it was cleaned up a bit, and some adjustments were made. Great work for paint though. Unlike some of the other people on here who use paint and don't take their time. <_<

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

This is a great idea. I love the retro colours of green and blue, and they're so appropriate for Vancouver, and I guess the whale is the new thing. It's a great merge of the two ideas.

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

I like what you're trying to here but it looks a little cartoonish and amateur... not your design itself, but the whale and hockey stick thing is very minor hockey leaguish. If somehow the whale could be redesigned to look a bit more "classic", I think you could have something really good going here.

No whale.

Go nuts with the stick'n'rink and skate...but no whale.

I'm with him. The orca was forced onto the team's look by the old ownership group. It's high time to dump the unnecessary self-referential sea beast. I don't think the stick & rink is that great, either - the ball & glove of hockey, only far less creative - so why not go in a new direction altogether? Mixing & matching eras rarely yields something usable. There's a reason for that; the new identity package is usually designed to replace its predecessor, not complement it.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Forced is correct.

It was shoved down our throats and were told "hey loyal canuck diehard fans...look at what you have to look at all day when u watch us"...If logo's could make me puke, the orca logo we have right now, would.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Looks okay. I really like the idea, but I agree that it appears to be a little minor league-ish. Maybe that has something to do with the short stick? I'm not sure. Also, the way the logo is balanced with the wale in the top right corner, just doesnt really work. Looks like it should be a letterhead or something!

But like I said, good idea and it does look good.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Archived