Hawaii Softball

hrivnak

While I was at lunch today, one of the ESPNs was playing the Hawaii-UCLA softball game and I have to say the Hawaii softball uniforms may be the ugliest things I've ever seen.

morton_nevadawac2.jpg

This picture doesn't exactly do justice how bad these things are. I'm telling you, they looked like Nuns playing softball. Anybody else see these monstrosities?

Did you see their white jerseys?

I can't find a pic and I may be thinking of a different team but there mostly white with a black or green swoop that encompasses the left arm and part of the left leg.

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

While I was at lunch today, one of the ESPNs was playing the Hawaii-UCLA softball game and I have to say the Hawaii softball uniforms may be the ugliest things I've ever seen.

morton_nevadawac2.jpg

This picture doesn't exactly do justice how bad these things are. I'm telling you, they looked like Nuns playing softball. Anybody else see these monstrosities?

No. Nuns playing softball would be amazing. This is just ugly.

IMO alot of softball unis are horrid. Thesees just are at hte top of horrid. They are so much less imaginative then you'd think they would be. ALA the Olympics templates and then the newer boring USA unis. just Yuck!

morton_nevadawac2.jpg

The jerseys may be attrocious, but the chick's kinda cute.

robinson_kate2_06.jpg

Who designs a uniform like this and says, "I think we have a winner on our hands"?

The same people who thought "Pluto Nash" was a great idea?

Who designs a uniform like this and says, "I think we have a winner on our hands"?

The same people who thought "Pluto Nash" was a great idea?

Do you think it's the same guy? One minute he is dreaming of Clyde Drexler wearing stripes and a cartoon rocket and the next he is telling Academy Award winner Jamie Foxx to star in his new move, "Stealth."

Clyde-Drexler---Blast-Off-Poster-C10003123.jpegStealth-double-sided--C10219964.jpeg

Here's my take.

The Hawai'i athletic teams do the best they can with the hand which with they are dealt. June Jones came in and added black to the green and white color scheme (with the urging, of course, of Jerry Glanville).

I give the team credit for adding the apostrophe to the word Hawai'i.

And no, these uniforms don't hold a candle to the River City Rascals, the 1980 Tuscon Toros, the 1978 Colorado Caribous, the Chelsea orange/grey alternates, or anything Jorge Campos ever wore.

robinson_kate2_06.jpg

This one I actually kinda like in that it is innovative if theey'd have gone two solids. The other is ugh! But this one is growing on me.

That pinstriped/black solid diagonal uniform really does look like something an NBA team could have worn in 1995. Especially in an All-Star game.

Mind you, that's not to say it's good. Ewww.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

the Chelsea orange/grey alternates

I googled this and did a board search but could find nothing. What exactly did this kit look like?

Forgive me; it was Chelsea, not Liverpool.

01482.gif

And here's Tuscon:

d9f7_1_b.JPG

morton_nevadawac2.jpg

"There are Klingons on the starboard bow Captain."

dolphins2.png

Archived