Hawaii Softball

hrivnak

I really wish softball would (A) ban shorts and (B ) require hats.

There's really nothing wrong with wearing shorts for softball, because women have the sliding pad unlike us men. But, the women who wear pants on the teams wouldn't have to constantly pull up the sliding pad. Then about hats, well women clearly usually have more hair then men. So wearing a hat may allow the hair to get in their face, or in their way for that matter. That's why there are headbands. Headbands are just like hats to them.

As for the jerseys, I like them. I also played for UH baseball for a year. There's nothing really like it, their unique and you don't find many teams with the creation of a jersey like it. It's got a bit more detail which makes it more neat than the typical jersey.

coziv2copyzt7.jpg

I really wish softball would (A) ban shorts and (B ) require hats.

I believe that some teams do wear visors.

I believe calling a visor a hat is like calling this a sweater

FEHOJ%20gray%20dickie.jpg

the Chelsea orange/grey alternates

I googled this and did a board search but could find nothing. What exactly did this kit look like?

Forgive me; it was Chelsea, not Liverpool.

01482.gif

That makes the Hawaii uniforms look beautiful. That is crap.

I believe that some teams do wear visors.

I believe calling a visor a hat is like calling this a sweater

FEHOJ%20gray%20dickie.jpg

Well, it looks like Hawaii is wearing a silver "sweater" on top of their softball jerseys.

A random bit of knowledge I learned today, in the paper where I live (TN), they had a story covering the UT/Hawaii softball game and they referred to Hawaii as the Hawaii Wahine. This was the first time I'd ever heard of it.

Here's Wikipedia for the explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Wahine

I love how the Wikipedia article just says "controversies with the name led the University to change the men's teams' name to "warriors"." I wonder what would cause a team to drop rainbows in favor of warriors? :wacko:

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

A random bit of knowledge I learned today, in the paper where I live (TN), they had a story covering the UT/Hawaii softball game and they referred to Hawaii as the Hawaii Wahine. This was the first time I'd ever heard of it.

Here's Wikipedia for the explanation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_Wahine

I love how the Wikipedia article just says "controversies with the name led the University to change the men's teams' name to "warriors"." I wonder what would cause a team to drop rainbows in favor of warriors? :wacko:

Not so much "controversy" but I believe some school officials didn't like the stereotyping that was coming with the Rainbows nickname.

Archived