Help

TheAK47

I just purchased Adobe Photoshop CS3, but have no idea how to use it, Can anybody help? I have MSN - Jazz_Spazz47@hotmail.com or If you want to email me - caspian.lloyd@gmail.com. If anybody can help me out I would appreciate it alot.

kylekorversig1if2.png

Look on the net for some tutorial sites and start playing. Though i must say purchasing Adobe CS3 without knowing how to use it seems a bit bizarre

logo.png

Well I got a new computer for school and I had enough money for it and I had seen the things people had done with it. I purchased it because I want to start doing concepts.

kylekorversig1if2.png

• 1 month later...

Well...I got photoshop 4 when it came out. And I didn't know anything about it. But...I also spent all the time I had playing with it. And got a few good books too. If you don't have the time to learn this...than it will be just a big space waster on your PC.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

They've got these GREAT things called books. They even have books on Photoshop. Buy them, read them, learn them. Don't expect to learn Photoshop, or any other Adobe product, with a few IMs.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

How else does one "learn" software without playing around with said software? I guess the key was that he said he "purchased" it. Since I'm sure most people that have Photoshop/Illustrator/etc. didn't pay for it, so maybe you guys take umbrage to the fact he actually plunked down the dough for something he should/could have pirated, right? :P

If you bought it from Adobe, they have a wealth of tutorials, samples, templates, and other resources for their customers. Also, there are no less than dozens of sites out there, books (Photoshop for Dummies, etc), and special tutorial software ("Total Training" is among the best you'll find).

If you want to learn it, you'll only be limited by your budget and your attention span. Good luck!

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I "acquired" Photoshop 3 (and 4 as well) about ten years ago. It was a lot of fun for me, a punk 16-year-old, to make all kinds of logos for websites by making extensive use of the plastic wrap, difference cloud, and lens flare filters. But you know how I got pretty good at Photoshop? By reading. There are so many incredible things one can do by borrowing a book from the library, sitting down, and working through exercises.

Good luck.

I have one more year of grad school left and am strongly considering purchasing Photoshop. We can get it for $130 or so, which seems to be a very good deal.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I "acquired" Photoshop 3 (and 4 as well) about ten years ago. It was a lot of fun for me, a punk 16-year-old, to make all kinds of logos for websites by making extensive use of the plastic wrap, difference cloud, and lens flare filters. But you know how I got pretty good at Photoshop? By reading. There are so many incredible things one can do by borrowing a book from the library, sitting down, and working through exercises.

Good luck.

I have one more year of grad school left and am strongly considering purchasing Photoshop. We can get it for $130 or so, which seems to be a very good deal.

That's not a bad deal. I ended up getting CS 3 through school at a greatly discounted rate ($400). Worth the purchase AND it can be used at a tax write-off. Yay for tax write-offs!

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived