Mariners vs. A's TBTC

bterreson

Picture7-2.png

the hats aren't to special, but at least we will get to see some great uniforms.. (imo)

hopefully they can look as good as they did last year when they wore the pilots throwbacks

3ae67bfd-5747-4b8e-8927-5225539ac80f.jpg

38f5bec7-225a-4af6-855f-a4c752082063.jpg

but i guess we will see this..

77Ms1stpitch.jpg

which looks nice.. but not as nice as those pilots uniforms.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Pilots uniforms were pretty sweet, but anxious to see them return to the "pitchforks" against the A's. I wonder if Oakland is gonna don some throwbacks that day as well.

Those Pilots uniforms were pretty sweet, but anxious to see them return to the "pitchforks" against the A's. I wonder if Oakland is gonna don some throwbacks that day as well.

yes, both teams will be wearing throwbacks...

If both teams really do it right, this has the potential to be the best-looking TBTC game ever. The M's original pitchfork unis with the funky rounded numbers against the A's in their lighter green and brighter gold, with those thick sleeve stripes? Hopefully, both teams will be faithful to the '77 look and rock the beltless pants and stirrups.

If the Pilots throwbacks are any indication of what to expect, this one should be good. Those Pilots unis are awesomely done, down to the striped stirrups and the scrambled eggs on the helmet brims.

Wow. Those Pilots jerseys are amazing.

Stripped Stirrups. My heart skipped a beat at the beauty.

At any rate, this could be a really good looking TBTC game. Gotta love the old Pitchfork Mariners jerseys. The 1977 Dressed to the Nines Pages on these two teams are here:

Mariners, Athletics

Just a side note, the Mariners probably shouldn't be wearing Pilots throwbacks.

Why not? It makes more sense for Seattle to wear them, considering it's the Pilots' city, than it does for the Brewers to wear them.

The Brewers shouldn't because they were one season's worth of jerseys nearly forty years ago in a completely different city. There might be some people in Seattle who actually remember the Pilots -- so, if we want to see the Pilots' throwbacks, it should be in the Pilots' home of Seattle.

Either that, or the Brewers should wear the Pilots' roads sometime when they visit the Mariners. But if Seattle is not involved somehow, the Brewers shouldn't be the ones to bring them out.

Why not? It makes more sense for Seattle to wear them, considering it's the Pilots' city, than it does for the Brewers to wear them.

The Brewers shouldn't because they were one season's worth of jerseys nearly forty years ago in a completely different city. There might be some people in Seattle who actually remember the Pilots -- so, if we want to see the Pilots' throwbacks, it should be in the Pilots' home of Seattle.

Either that, or the Brewers should wear the Pilots' roads sometime when they visit the Mariners. But if Seattle is not involved somehow, the Brewers shouldn't be the ones to bring them out.

But it makes more sense to have Seattle Pilots throwbacks for the Milwaukee Brewers in video games!?

If anyone should be allowed to wear the Pilots throwbacks it's the Brewers. The Pilots are part of the Brewers history, and when it all comes down to it the Pilots and the Brewers are one in the same franchise.

The Mariners are basically ripping off part of an other team's history when they wear the Pilot unis. The M's have their own perfectly good classic uniform set to wear if they feel like going retro. Don't jack an other team's history.

What if the Mariners played the Brewers in interleague play, preferably in Seattle...

Seattle Pilots night with both teams wearing Pilots jerseys, one home, one away!

cause that wont get confusing with one team wearing "pilots" from seattle and one team wearing "seattle" from milwaukee..

I like the Pilots vs. Pilots idea. Both classic home and road unis get showcased. Mariners pay homage to Seattle's first major league team, Brewers pay homage to their first incarnation.

I believe we have seen "Braves vs Braves" games between Atlanta and Milwaukee in the past

• 2 months later...
just reminding you to watch Sunday! I'm going to the game, but I don't have a telephoto lens at the moment.. so probably no pictures from me.

ph_tbtc_175x175.jpg

Unfortunately I'm out of town this weekend, but I've got the HD DVR set to record the game! They did show the jerseys during the M's broadcast on Thursday. Looks like the A's will be wearing the gold tops instead of the green.

Archived