NFL Helmet Poster

random_ax

A few years back, the NFL used to come out with a new poster that featured all the 32 NFL helmets on one poster. I used to buy it at a local mall's poster/prints shop but they are no longer in business...anyone know if the poster is still done each year and where to get one?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not really sure if they still make those or not. I never really look at posters anymore.

I had a couple different years of the MLB and an NBA one as well. I think I may still have them somewhere. I just might have to dig them out. I loved those things. Had each logo for each team. It was perfect.

I'm not really sure if they still make those or not. I never really look at posters anymore.

I had a couple different years of the MLB and an NBA one as well. I think I may still have them somewhere. I just might have to dig them out. I loved those things. Had each logo for each team. It was perfect.

I believe a company called Nutmeg Mills out of Canada made the NFL Poster.

On a related note, I have been looking for the old New Era Authentic Collection posters. I just got the 2007 one (that features every team and all of the hats that they wear), but I am now thinking of how sweet it would be to have every poster from say, the last ten years on my wall. An easy view of logo changes in the last ten years... I checked eBay for the baseball posters, but found nothing. Maybe you'll have better luck with football?

For what it's worth, I've been putting together my own "montage" of NFL helmets - using the official graphics - for a few years now...I'll post the 2007 edition later today...

Here's what I have so far (it's not done yet):

NFL_Helmets_2007.gif

A couple of notes:

• I have included most of the throwbacks, except the rumored Redskins' "R" helmet, the 49ers' throwback helmet, and the Thanksgiving Day game helmets. I could certainly add those in if need be.
  • Note the colors on the Steelers' Throwback helmet. All of the colors - except for Black - are different than the current helmet.
  • Colors - as always with me, I use the RGB values for representing Pantone colors on computer monitors. I've been explaining this incorrectly in the past, but these colors accurately represent how the colors would look if printed using actual Pantone inks. I used to say that these are how they would look if they were printed in correct CMYK, but that was wrong.
  • The Pro Bowl logo is last year's. I have the new logo, but am having issues in opening the file. I'll fix this later.

The posters mentioned in the first post were discontinued after 1999. That was the last one they made, and I have it, got it off eBay. I also have an old 1996 & 1997 one too, but they aren't in all that great shape. I actually was/am working on a reproduction of the aforementioned poster, but with some modifications.

c7_1_b.JPG

Archived