NFL Helmet Poster

random_ax

On a related note, I have been looking for the old New Era Authentic Collection posters. I just got the 2007 one (that features every team and all of the hats that they wear), but I am now thinking of how sweet it would be to have every poster from say, the last ten years on my wall. An easy view of logo changes in the last ten years... I checked eBay for the baseball posters, but found nothing. Maybe you'll have better luck with football?

I am already doing this...back to 1975. I just finished it this week with the help of PANTONE.

Cards.png

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pantone--If I remember correctly, doesn't the Steelers Throwback helmet for this season have a grey facemask? I thought it did, I could be wrong.

Great stuff as always.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

On a related note, I have been looking for the old New Era Authentic Collection posters. I just got the 2007 one (that features every team and all of the hats that they wear), but I am now thinking of how sweet it would be to have every poster from say, the last ten years on my wall. An easy view of logo changes in the last ten years... I checked eBay for the baseball posters, but found nothing. Maybe you'll have better luck with football?

I am already doing this...back to 1975. I just finished it this week with the help of PANTONE.

It looks freakin' cool as well...

Pantone--If I remember correctly, doesn't the Steelers Throwback helmet for this season have a grey facemask? I thought it did, I could be wrong.

Great stuff as always.

Gray would make more sense, but no - it's Black.

I'm curious why you omitted certain helmets. Like the Broncos throwback or the Cowboys, Patriots etc.

I've mentioned a couple of times that I'm still looking for the Cowboys' throwback graphic, but I'm only including helmets that I know will be used for 2007. Do we know that the Patriots and Broncos will be using throwbacks? I'm not sure myself. I'll add them if need be...

I'm curious why you omitted certain helmets. Like the Broncos throwback or the Cowboys, Patriots etc.

I've mentioned a couple of times that I'm still looking for the Cowboys' throwback graphic, but I'm only including helmets that I know will be used for 2007. Do we know that the Patriots and Broncos will be using throwbacks? I'm not sure myself. I'll add them if need be...

I'm not sure about the Patriots, but the Broncos will definitely not be wearing their throwback uniforms. IIRC Shanahan is on record saying they won't wear the throwbacks again as long as he's the coach.

I haven't seen them lately. I have the one from I believe 1996 which still has the Oilers; as well as the Bucs and Broncos old sets. The bar I usually go to has a bunch of them on their wall, but I'm not sure what the latest year is. I'll check next time I'm there.

79.gif3079.gif474.gif7192.gif

Tigercopy.png

I haven't seen them lately. I have the one from I believe 1996 which still has the Oilers; as well as the Bucs and Broncos old sets. The bar I usually go to has a bunch of them on their wall, but I'm not sure what the latest year is. I'll check next time I'm there.

They discontinuted them after 1999. In fact, the last one they printed had the Titans with a white facemask.

Ah, yes. I had a really basic helmet poster from the early '80s hanging on my door for years. Got it from a book sale/club through school. The background was white and only had the helmets. It must have been 1982 or 1983 because I remember it becoming outdated fairly soon because of the Bills' change to red. But even back then I kind of liked the fact I had a 'throwback' poster... years before I knew what 'throwback' was, of course. So many early signs of the uniform interest... wish I knew where that poster was -- or where I could get another one.

Maybe I missed something but you don't show the blue Chargers helmet but show the white one....are the Chargers going back to the white helmets and powder blue jerseys full-time?

Maybe I missed the Winter and Spring of 2007, but you don't show the blue Chargers helmet but show the white one....are the Chargers going back to the white helmets and powder blue jerseys full-time?

Yeah, there has been a few posts on those new chargers unis.

Oh, man, I can't believe it...I'm a BIG fan of the white helmet....this is GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived