The Official Memorial Day Racing Thread

OB33

Figured I might as well put this up. Just a recap of everything until now:

-Fernando Alonso wins the Monaco GP, ties teammate Lewis Hamilton for the lead in the points.

-The Indy 500 is underway, Scott Dixon is leading with Marco Andretti charging through the field. Naturally, this should set Marco up perfectly to have a mechanical failure around lap 192.

-Dale Jr. still needs a ride

Oh, and if you don't like racing, please refrain from turning this into a "Racing sucks!" thread. Thanks. :D

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

I'm watching the Indy 500 right now, pulling for Helio Castroneves but he's had nothing but bad luck so far, beginning with his car not starting and then he couldn't put fuel in... doesn't appear to be his day. Fell down to 29th, up to 16th now, I believe. Now I just want anybody but Danica to win in hopes that she may just eventually fade out and disappear.

I plan on watching the Coca Cola 600 as well. Cheering for Jeff Gordon first, and then the rest of the HMS drivers second, as usual.

IUe6Hvh.png

well there back racing at indy (thank god) and looks like they will get the full distance in

...Aaaaaaaaaand now it looks like they won't. Dario Franchiti wins, which means more shots of Ashley Judd. So in a sense, everyone wins.

Well, besides Tony Kanaan.

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Did you guys see Marco Andretti filp in the backstretch after a restart? Fortunately he ended up on all fours.

Same thing "ALMOST" happened to Jeff Gordon in the Coke 600, but never flipped.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Every newspaper across the country will (or should) be running pictures of a smiling Ashley Judd in a soaking wet dress tomorrow.

74345340.jpg

One thing about Indy, it's always got several storylines and usually a fair amount of drama. That and the fastest car is more often than not Smote From Upon High by the Racing Gods.

Poor Tony Kanaan. That race was his, rain or not, and he's got crap to show for it. He might as well change his last name to "Andretti". He's the Roberto Guerrero for a new generation.

Oh, good on Casey Mears. Nice guy deserved a win finally.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

1st-Casey Mears (?!)

2nd-J.J. Yeley (?!?)

3rd-Kyle Petty (?!?!??!?!?!?!?)

Only at the Coca-Cola 600

Speaking of the Coca-Cola 600, I thought it was incredibly sick and low-class of the fans to be cheering as Gordon got into a very big wreck. I understand most hate him, but the wreck was a very serious one, and even if you hate the guy, there is no reason anyone should be cheering for that.

PopHeading-1.gif

I could not even bother to watch the Indy 500 this year. It just isn't the same race as it once was. :censored: TONY GEORGE! :cursing:

Although I agree with you (Miss the good old days of CART), the Indy 500 has been pretty entertaining the past few years. I would recommend watching anyway. It's a shame half the talent of American Open Wheel Racing can't participate and the cars aren't as good looking as their former selves. But it's still good racing, and probably still my favorite race of the year. (Le Mans 24 Hours should be good their year though.)

The Monaco GP on the other hand was your basic F1 (whoever leads after the first lap wins) kinda race. Nice track, but the racing is overrated in my opinion.

I could not even bother to watch the Indy 500 this year. It just isn't the same race as it once was. :censored: TONY GEORGE! :cursing:

Although I agree with you (Miss the good old days of CART), the Indy 500 has been pretty entertaining the past few years. I would recommend watching anyway. It's a shame half the talent of American Open Wheel Racing can't participate and the cars aren't as good looking as their former selves. But it's still good racing, and probably still my favorite race of the year. (Le Mans 24 Hours should be good their year though.)

The Monaco GP on the other hand was your basic F1 (whoever leads after the first lap wins) kinda race. Nice track, but the racing is overrated in my opinion.

I did catch the finish from last year's race, and that was exciting. But, I used to be really excited for the race in general. I would be watching the start and would constantly turn back to the race to check the updates and be there for the finish. I just can't do that anymore. I want to see Paul Tracy or Sebastian Bourdais in that race. Until then, it just isn't worth watching. It is good racing, but to me, not what it used to be.

While I love F1, I agree, the racing itself is overrated, but I prefer road style racing, which why I much prefer F1, CART/IndyCar over NASCAR with the exception with Sonoma and Watkins Glen.

I saw, I came, I left.

That was my thought about F1 as well, lead the 1st lap,win the race.

The Indy was ok but still suffers badly because of the split leagues.

I was a little surprised that NASCAR didn't throw a yellow late in the race for that blown engine, but I wasn't surprised at ALL at the cheering when Gordon wrecked. It's the same morons every week that throw garbage on the track if Jr. doesn't win. I wonder if NASCAR is going to have a little chat w/ Edwards for his idiotic driving last night.

Archived