Colorado Rockies Logo

Klydefrog

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I am still at my conference til tomorrow and don't have my source files with me. I will look to add some of the suggestions, but not all. When I post the next one I will explain (defend) my decision to use/not use them.

i also have an idea for a secondary logo that could also be used for the cap logo, but I want to work that up before saying any more about, else someone might beat me to the punch and design it, lol.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay after much internal debate I decided to ditch the simple sans-serif font for one with some serifs. I tweaked the colors of the wordmark a bit for readability.

I decided not to us the asymmetrical beveled mountains though because I feel the simplicity of my original design works best.

rockies4.png

Now for the secondary logo. I wanted to incorporate the ball from their original logo and was inspired by St Patty's use of the Colorado flag for his Avs alt logo. I know the C looks like the cubs a bit but it is almost an exact trace of the Colorado flag and the ball represents the circle inside of it. Not the most original idea, but i think it fits.

rockies_secondary.png

I have uni's as well, I will post them in another reply so as not to take up too much in this one

Here are the unis, The template is one that I created myself.

Home:

colhome.png

Away:

colaway.png

Alt:

colalt.png

I still need to clean up the wordmarks a bit but you get the idea

Something looks off. Maybe you should make the black between the C and other places purple. It looks weird.

No it looks fine, the inner black outline lines up perfectly with the outline of the ball as intended.

Okay, well you said you're going to clean up the wordmarks, so I won't mention that they need cleaning up, but just one thing: That template isn't doing you any favors. It just doesn't look good. It's boxy and blocky and I don't see your design (which I like) looking good on it, even after the aforementioned wordmark clean up.

The new font is not doing it for me. You need to find a font that is simple and bold, yet still has a sort of "rough" feel you need for the Rockies.

Also, something is lost when you put your alt logo on the purple cap.

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Okay after much internal debate I decided to ditch the simple sans-serif font for one with some serifs. I tweaked the colors of the wordmark a bit for readability.

I decided not to us the asymmetrical beveled mountains though because I feel the simplicity of my original design works best.

rockies4.png

Now for the secondary logo. I wanted to incorporate the ball from their original logo and was inspired by St Patty's use of the Colorado flag for his Avs alt logo. I know the C looks like the cubs a bit but it is almost an exact trace of the Colorado flag and the ball represents the circle inside of it. Not the most original idea, but i think it fits.

rockies_secondary.png

I have uni's as well, I will post them in another reply so as not to take up too much in this one

nice work

BTW, the C logo is too similar to the Cubs.

Did you even read his post about that?

I once had a car but I crashed it. I once had a guitar but I smashed it. I once, wait where am I going with this?

Art is never done, it's just abandoned :P

Anyway, the cap logo looks much better on the black. That and the font is growing on me.

The presentation could use a lot of cleaning up.

:lol: Ha ha ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha... ha ha ha ha... :lol:

... Sorry. This is from another thread, but I just couldn't stop laughing.

Anyways... honestly, if you used a different template, I think this would be better conveyed. I think the template is what's causing some problems to be seen, it just doesn't quite show off everything that well. I, myself, am not too crazy with the font choice, but I don't necessarily think it's a wrong choice, if you get what I mean. I think, with maybe a little customization, it would be really nice. You're only showing improvement, so keep at it. If this is it for your Rockies, okay. Hell, you portrayed an idea, the diamond/mountain, that was so obvious that no one had ever thought of it. So you did a great job on this, and hopefully in of the constructive criticism you recieved will only prove to help you on whichever team you decide to move onto next.

Archived