T-Shirt Design..

bterreson

Hey There- So I'm trying to design a t-shirt for a service program at my bible camp called Training in Christian Living (TCL).. the theme for the camp this year is along the lines of "cars" "roads" so this is my idea..

TCL2007T-Shirt-1.jpg

I'm not totally set on this idea.. so I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what I could do to make it better and I want to make it a light- medium light gray.. just as long as its not black. I also want to give it more of a "distorted" look i know that is kinda of vague but take it how you want.

thanks a ton

heres a link to a higher res. version.. right here

-bt

The front looks okay, but I am not feeling the back so much. Take that text from the bottom right, keep it aligned that way...but edge it against the green box with white cross you have there. Then center it on the back.

how do training christian living particularly relate to red amber green (stop, ready, go)? doesnt seem like they do at all to me? i live in the uk at the mo, so i dont get the green cross sign either? is that cross roads? perhaps you could do something with paths directions etc? seems to have more of a connection to choices, etc etc. or so im led to believe by the religioso?

how do training christian living particularly relate to red amber green (stop, ready, go)? doesnt seem like they do at all to me? i live in the uk at the mo, so i dont get the green cross sign either? is that cross roads? perhaps you could do something with paths directions etc? seems to have more of a connection to choices, etc etc. or so im led to believe by the religioso?

I wasn't really trying to make the stop light a religous symbol or anything.. i suppose you could reach out and make some connection with the colors.... but it was more to go with the theme for the camp for this summer..

3 colors on the stoplight

3 letters in TCL

thats about the extent of my thinking for that one.

The shirt is really supposed to represent like.. god.. its more just a way to id the "TCLers"

I would like to give the over graphics a more grungy, distorted look.. what would be the best way in photoshop cs to do that?

i dont mean that stoplights should have a religious connotation. but they represent three stages of something. the colours youre talking about arent just any three colours. they are perticularly indicative of 'stop' 'wait' 'proceed'.

i would take a look at the concept again. find out why the theme is particularly supposed to be road related.

at the moment you just seem to have slapped a concept over the design that has nothing to do with anything?

nice t-shirt template tho.

i dont mean that stoplights should have a religious connotation. but they represent three stages of something. the colours youre talking about arent just any three colours. they are perticularly indicative of 'stop' 'wait' 'proceed'.

i would take a look at the concept again. find out why the theme is particularly supposed to be road related.

at the moment you just seem to have slapped a concept over the design that has nothing to do with anything?

link for the t-shirt (found it on google): http://www.globalinheritance.org/xgames/Xg...-shirtBLANK.pdf

I think you are misunderstanding or looking into it too deep. He isn't trying to convey a stop, wait, and go theme or idea. He said the theme is about roads and cars...I am guessing the "roads" you take in life. I think a light works great especially if you are going to preach about knowing when to GO for it in life, when to slow down and think, and when to totally stop doing something. Maybe we just see it differently.

maybe you ar emissunderstanding what i am saying.

if you slap any old logo on traffic lights you automatically give it certain connotations.

applying a particular vurnacular to something in turn applies that concept to what you are saying.

its the whole point of design.

if people are reading too much into what you are producing, then its poor design.

youre not communicating correctly.

I came up with this quick in paint/ms word. Its not very good, but if you want you can work with it. The road is supposed to represent a cross if you can't tell. IMO you incorporate the theme and the purpose of the camp with this.

tclol0.png

Archived