Atlanta falcons concept

JQK

This is what happens when you finally learn to use illustrator, you get addicted and can't stop... i'm gonna have to go to Adobe Illustrators Anonymous....

atlanta%20falcons%201.gif

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

i can't wait to see what you do when you start designing logos that aren't birds....your work is pretty sweet, jqk....the wordmark would look better w/o the white spaces in the letters......you can delete them with either the bezier pen w/ the -next to it, or the direct path select tool (if you converted strokes to outlines)

the wordmark would look better w/o the white spaces in the letters......you can delete them with either the bezier pen w/ the -next to it, or the direct path select tool (if you converted strokes to outlines)

i took out the white spaces, and looked like crap.... i didn't like it... so they got put back in...

sB9ijEj.png

very nice work indeed JQK, looks pretty similar to Nitro's old falcons concept he did a while back. The only thing i would suggest is maybe to add a little red into the bird some where, not too much though. ( i know you want to keep this somewhat similar to the old falcons logo ) either way, you've done an excellent job.

very nice work indeed JQK, looks pretty similar to Nitro's old falcons concept he did a while back. The only thing i would suggest is maybe to add a little red into the bird some where, not too much though. ( i know you want to keep this somewhat similar to the old falcons logo ) either way, you've done an excellent job.

I did want to put red into the logo, but every time i did... it just didn't look right, so i left it as is for now... if i can find a way to get red into it, it's going in (BTW, that logo would go on a red helmet!)

sB9ijEj.png

if you really wanted to do something that would be interesting to see...  do one with the wings up.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I did want to put red into the logo, but every time i did... it just didn't look right, so i left it as is for now... if i can find a way to get red into it, it's going in (BTW, that logo would go on a red helmet!)

in that case i think this is even better

I like it years ahead of the new one, but i still think it could need a bit MORE refeshening, as this suggests your trying to do. But its very nice, I guess my only complaint is the eye. It needs more detail, and i dont like the implied shape it makes between the eye and top of its head. But thats knick knack stuff, its still real good for a illustrator noob.

Honestly, I dont care for the wordmark, but I know you as a designer love a classic look, and you've achieved that, i just dont think it meets the mood youve set with the falcon.

But id be a happy man if they switched back to this, so i think that makes it a successful design.

if you really wanted to do something that would be interesting to see... do one with the wings up.

I think that would kind of take away the point of the logo, which is to somewhat resemble a letter "F". I think that's what they wanted to emphasize more with the new logo. Not bad work jqk, though the wordmark is a little dull.

Pretty good JQK...definitely in between what they have now and what they have before.

The silver needs to be uniform thickness around the falcon though. On the bottom right and by the beak it juts out to an unecessary point. If there are supposed to be points there, you need to reflect it in the black too.

I don't like the wordmark. The font is a little too narrow and definitely looks computerized. I like the wordmark they have now, it's italic and dynamic looking. And if you're going to have red in the lettering, it should be somewhere else, maybe the eye? The black text on the red is hard to red. Make it white or silver with a black drop shadow and it will be more legible.

Keep feeding your Illustrator addiction.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

This is what happens when you finally learn to use illustrator, you get addicted and can't stop... i'm gonna have to go to Adobe Illustrators Anonymous....

atlanta%20falcons%201.gif

much better modernization then what they have now. when u modernize a logo, u dont change it completly, u tweak it so it kepps up with the times. the seahawks did this, u did this, and the broncos should do this. the falcons changed their original logo completly, which is a shame, because all it needed was to be modernized. u did it perfectly jqk.

Archived