Vancouver Canucks Jersey Concept

philroy

Very cool.

Someone who stopped following the NHL in 1994 or so (I'm sure there are a few, somewhere, although they aren't cool in my book) would look at these and say "Oh! The Hartford Whalers. I remember them. But why are they the Hartford Killer Whalers now?"

So uh, yeah...good job. I'm a Bruins fan, but I feel the NHL needs a little more "Whale" in its life.

I love the design up the sides, we need more of that in the league.

Personally, while I do like the design on this concept (the design up the sides), I think it is risking becoming too 90's looking. If you saw that in real life, I think it could definitley look like a dodgey pattern you would see on some 90's jerseys.

Not saying I don't like the idea.....just that it is a risk.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Even though I agree that it screams a reminder of the Hartford Whalers to me, I echo the same this is one of the best Vancouver Canucks concepts I've seen in a long while. If I saw in person these done by RBK, I'd really take a serious liking to them as I think they'd look great. Excellent job, philroy.

Scrap the orca, bypass the C/stick, come up with something new for the crest, and find someone in Vancouver to make this their official sweater. The native art design is phenomenal. It takes what the Coyotes had when they first came south and made it better by leaps and bounds. The colors are great (blue > green for the home, though the lack of green-dominant teams is bothersome); it's the orca that's killing me.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Fantastic. If you have to use the whale logo, this is a great way to do it. The only thing I would suggest is that the silver on the logo kinda gets lost. Maybe try a light blue? That also solves the issue of the whale jumping out of gray water.

And I like the green as much as the blue, btw. Good work!

I love these! Even the side panels work for me. My only thought is on the white jersey, for the main chest logo change silver to blue, blue to green and green to silver. The C and whale would both come in clear. OR just swap the silver and green. That might work as well but I know some people mentioned liking blue over green so my first thought was to make the C blue instead of green.

Outside of that, this concept rocks!

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

I love that you added the native artwork but I would continue the native patern on the sleves, and if your gonna use that mountain logo with this jersey their should be some of the native theme in the logo.

Archived